Explorer Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my X lowered to X-Spec height and I got the new EE Sway Bar installed. I'm not attempting the shocks though. I have some kind of assembly on the rear driver side, above the spare tire that looks as if it's part of the fuel system. It appears as though it needs to be removed in order to access the top shock bolts on the driver side.

Is that correct?

Also, I'm not attempting the cam kit installation on the front. It just looks like a pain in the a**. I took it in today to have the cams, shocks and alignment done. I can't wait to get it back.

One more question:

In lowering the front, the torsion bar adjuster bolts were backed out to lower it but one is a lot further out than the other, however the hieght is equal on both sides. Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
As for the Shock install. You should be able to get to them without removing anything but the spare tire. As for the cam install. You could just take them to the Alingment shop and have them install them with the allingment. That shouldn't cost too much more. Like $40 or so.

The Torsion bolts are common to be backed out at different lengths in order to get the same height on both sides. No worries there.

Sounds like you are well on you way to a slick ridding Explorer!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kewl. The shop is doing the cams, shocks and alignment. I pick it up at 6pm. Woohoo! Now all I need is Cobra Rs' and tires and my Sirius Satelite. I just installed a Panasonic Sirius-ready head unit.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Wish I had a reason to get satellite radio. I only live 4 miles from work so there's no reason for me to have it. It is a great thing to have, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts