Explorer Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
WOW now is this a deal or what?! John I really appreciate the special offer you're giving us. That is awesome. I definitely could use a rotor upgrade, so I'll most likely be taking you up on this great offer!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I got a full set and have them put on and love them! http://stlouismtb.tripod.com/brakes_ee.html

Which one would you what?

Front:

Rear:

They look great behind my wheels!!!

The upgrade is completed and the new brakes are Awesome! It is hard to explain. Normal slowing and slight brakeing feels how it should. Very smooth and crisp. However, when I jump on the brake peddle Speed just Stops and so does the truck. Honestly when I was doing emergency style stopping from 60 and above it stoped SOOO Much quicker than stock. Feels like I have twice the stopping power. Not to mention how great they look. The rotor has a coating that keeps it from coroading and rusting up. The bright silver matches my wheels great plus the slots add that Performance look!

& Once Again Hats off to John V at www.explorerexpress.com Fantastic service and resolved an issue with the wrong part nextday! They really do care about their customers.

Note: Here is another reason why it is good to have an O1+ Sport vs. anyother Explorer. We have Larger Rotors than everyone else. The O1+ Sports have the same front rotors that the Sport Trac Trucks have. The Rotors measure a full 12" across. Where as all other models measure 11.25" across. Not a ton of difference but still made me happy!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
WOW! 8O
I know what I'm buying!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Matt those look amazing!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I love mine but one thing I notice with my aging rubber hoses is that there is a bit of what I want to call hose strain, I did the upgrade to the DOT 4 brake fluid as it suggests. What a pain in the behind.. If anyone knows of stainless lines for the front there let me know.

On a side note yes Explorer Express does rule. I haven't done any caliper painting or exterior mods because the sleeper look is nice but if you get a side shot of my X you can see the rotors and exhaust tip.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Is the suspension on the 2001 Sport the same as the 2nd generation Explorer?

Are the brakes larger in the rear as well? What is the difference? Is it the spindles, and are the calipers identical? If they are different also, what are the piston sizes?

Total piston area is just as important as rotor diameter/

Thanks, CDW

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Thanks Rob, I had seen these pictures, but I wasn't looking to see what type of suspension is under it. It is 2nd Gen, only question now is what parts I need to hunt.

I have EBC rotors and pads, and a friend of mine would love to have them.

Have a great day,CDW

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 2001 Sport does have the same suspension as a GEN 2 X. The front brakes are the same as the Sport Trac. The rotors are .5" larger and the brake pads are slightly larger. I do not know about the rears. The Sport Trac had drum brakes in that year. I assume that the rear brakes are the same as the 2001 4-door.

By the way...........YOU GUYS ROCK TOO!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Those look great, are you going to have them for the 02 ^ 4 doors in the near future?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts