Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
The MAC looks awsome. The outside looks great too!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks alot. i plan on lowering it this month along with new shocks and some rims. i got a question for anyone that knows. should i lower it first and then put the rims on because they would have to align it anyway, or the other way around or what?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i noticed somewhat of a difference when i floor the gas. i have stick and when i punch it i can tell. also going up hills around here in PA i would normally have to gear down alot, because the gears are totally different then in my moms 03 Ranger. with her truck i dont have to gear down as much as my explorer; anyway after i put the intake on i noticed that i dont have to gear down as much.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
lower it, make sure it's ready for a new alignment (meaning you don't need to add anything else that will alter the alignment, including shocks) then add the tires and rims immediately before you go to get the alignment. driving a few miles won't hurt you.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Mine is lowered now too and I have to take the front down more it seems good thing there has been no one able to align it so far, one of my co workers knows a shop about an hour from here that will do it just have to get up there on Saturday and get it done, luckily I only drive about ten miles a day and it really isn't pulling too much so I can live with it til then.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Nice intake! I want one of those. I gotta say that X's look so much better with out the license plate in the front!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Nice intake! I want one of those. I gotta say that X's look so much better with out the license plate in the front!
Any car looks better without a license plate on the front!

·
Registered
418 Posts
true, the look of no front plate is great, the look on my face when i have to pay CHP for no front plate ticket isn't so great...

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Yea, but some states you dont need a front plate, thats the cool part. I know Florida for sure, and a couple others. All the cars down there look so much better to me, just because of no front plates.

·
Registered
418 Posts
too bad I live in CA... that's it! I'm moving to Florida for the weather and no plate no rule.... :)

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Yup Paul most cops up don't pull you over for not having a plate. It usually just gets tacked on to whatever else you may get a ticket for. For example speeding ticket. The cop may add the no plate fee too. But, around here, you only get pulled over if you're speeding waaaay over the limit or you have a ricer.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Well you could always move to Kentucky, they dont have the front plate. Just kidding about moving to Ky though

1 - 20 of 21 Posts