Explorer Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of today i've had it, i can't see a damn thing out of my back windows at night. I'm not removing the tint.

I'd like a camera kind of like the one lexus has hidden near the license plate, and i'll hook it up to the tv in my console. I had this idea way back, but never found anything.

Tonight i backed out of my drive way, and went around a car that was'nt even there.

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good links, does anyone know if they can plug right up to my tv multiplex (or whatever you call it).

It will take up to six video inputs.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
WHy not just have high powered lights in the rear that would be nicely "hidden" when not in use or at least would blend in easy and have them hardwired so whenever you go in reverse they come on. I think seriously that would be a hell of a lot more useful than the hidden camera deal. For one thing you'd be looking down at your LCD when trying to go in reverse which isn't a good idea (nor do you want to rely on that).

Just my two cents

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rob, i can't think of a single place to hide powerful lights, if even a hint of them was to be seen i'd be very upset.

I wouldn't rely on it as much to back up, just to see if there's anything there in the first place.

·
Registered
384 Posts
You could try a reverse sensing system. If it beeps, stop. :p

It came stock on my truck and at first I found it kind of annoying, now I love it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i got 5% tint on all my windows and i added rear back up lights with xeon bulbs and i still had to roll my windows down so i just took them off bc they looked tacky from the back.. go with the rear camera that flush mounts i think its your best choice

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But does anyone know if the camera will connect with rca's to my tv controller thing? It goes to my apline tv in the console, i think it's on the 2nd or 3rd page in my cardomain.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
But does anyone know if the camera will connect with rca's to my tv controller thing? ?It goes to my apline tv in the console, i think it's on the 2nd or 3rd page in my cardomain.
It should definitely work then. My guess is the headunit or tv control unit whatever has the RCA ports right on the back of it. If you take a look at the back of the "tv controller thing" as you put it, you would see if it had RCA inputs.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It actually has a seperate thing with space for 6 different devices, that tv is only about 1 inch deep. There's 8 available rca spots.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Then as long as this new rear view camera can use RCA jacks then you won't have a problem (or at least I don't forsee any)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts