·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My EX pulls like a mutha' til i bounce off the limiter.My Superchips

programer kills it at 108(a hair more,since i have taller tires ,and

the computer doesn't know it..)All of course on a legally sanctioned

off road event...Is this normal, or do i have the wrong progammer/

chip?It is supposed to remove the top speed limiter.

P.S.-SPEED DOESN'T KILL, JACKHOLES DO !!!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
OK I am really not kidding when I say I have absolutely no clue what in the hell you just said...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MPH......we have a tire rating, top speed limiter from the factory.Your EX will

"cut out " at maximum mph for that tire.With the factory tires,the computer

will cut off spark? at 108 mph.My taller tires will allow a couple more mph.

ya got it bro, ??? let me know....

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
OK, what you are referring to is the governer on your electronics. It will not let your car accelerate past that level. I have hit the governer only twice and that was being a dumbass and street racing on a highway (hey at least it was a Dodge RAM).

Unless you get something like a computer chip reflash you will not be able to exceed your governer. Now your thing with the taller tires - you're really not going faster than the 108mph, my guess is that your speedometer is still calibrated at the stock tire ride height so since the taller tires are on, you will have to put a lot more stress on the engine just to go as fast as you would on stock tire ride height.

Also I apologize for sounding like a jerk before lol...but it seriously just made no sense at the time.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for any loss in translation. I keep getting interuppted from my 2 dogs!!

Technically, i figured from a taller tire height, the computer can't figure it out.

Picture being allow only one rotation per mph.A taller tire will go a little farther.

I do have to stay in 10 percent plus or minus above or below, for the anti-lock

to function properly.Kinda like when racing on slicks(in my mustang),the shorter

tire will give more rpm quicker off the line.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks...there is an option on the hand held programmer to do that, but it took a

while before i was able to know for sure.......

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I'll play the devils advocate here: Don't drive that fast and you won't have to worry about the top speed. As long as it goes 75 or so, why would you need to go faster? I don't buy the 'legally sanctioned' part, either.

But, if you are talking about at the drag strip, go for it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately, before joining explorertalk,I didn't know of Apten.Plus I can play with

shift pressures,upshift speeds,increase power like a chip and set back to stock with

a few buttons,for emissions testing etc.....

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the custom chip, i hear the supertuner is pretty good in plenty of ford vehicles. I actually had one, but thankfully i didn't use it, because the timing change is mandatory when you set it. Not good for a supercharged vehicle. Other than that it's not as good as the apten, but it's good.

The reasons i had it were the same as yours, and i wish i could of used it, but as i said because of the timing advance i couldn't, but in your application it's pretty cool.

For the guys that aren't aware, it's somewhat like an apten chip that you can change the settings yourself.

It's a superchips microtuner. It's more for people that like to experiment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts