Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have ss door sill pics?

anyone have a link on some good priced ones as described below?

I know this guy that has ss door sills on his x. i never thought they'd hold up to the plastic ones as far as hiding scratches, but i really liked the look and he had his for a few years and still looked stunning (i think they'll really go w/ the autovation pedals!

on his all 4 doors said explorer on them. they were brushed on the top, pollished i believe in the lettering areas and pollished on the side parallel to the door.

he also had a mountaineer front end conversion w/ 98-2001 bumper, and a bunch more goodies on a 97 limited x. it was cool to see someone else local passionate about his explorer!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Those door sills can be found on eBay very frequently. I don't think SS (Street Scenes) makes them though. You're right though about them looking good with Autovation pedals, wow that is very true! That would look phenomonal.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Are they Street Scene sills, or are they Stainless Steel? I have a set to put on after the paint job that were originally for a Taurus SHO. They are just Stainless Steel with the Ford SVT emblem on them. I haven't seen them for an Explorer themselves, but I'm sure a couple of different models will work also...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
They are Stainless Steel. I misinterepted what he said in his first post when he said "SS" and I thought "Street Scenes" and not Stainless Steel. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
157 Posts
they make some for explorers. I couold be wrong but i believe they make some that even say Explorer on them if not then just ford. But i am almost positive that it says Explorer on it.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Yeah, they make tons of them. They say Explorer, SVT, and any other Ford vehicle. They are like I said on eBay Motors all the time.

·
Registered
157 Posts
ive been looking for them lately and havent come across any. A few months a go i happend to stumble across them but i havent seen any lately. Oh well it will eventually pop up somewhere

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
anyone have ss door sill pics? ?

anyone have a link on some good priced ones as described below?

I know this guy that has ss door sills on his x. ?i never thought they'd hold up to the plastic ones as far as hiding scratches, but i really liked the look and he had his for a few years and still looked stunning (i think they'll really go w/ the autovation pedals! ?

on his all 4 doors said explorer on them. ?they were brushed on the top, pollished i believe in the lettering areas and pollished on the side parallel to the door.

he also had a mountaineer front end conversion w/ 98-2001 bumper, and a bunch more goodies on a 97 limited x. ?it was cool to see someone else local passionate about his explorer! ?
Well, tell him to get his ass signed up here. And tell him to post some pics.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Wow, do not pay $80 for that. That is way too much. Just wait and get them off of eBay.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah, by 'ss' I meant stainless steel, sorry. i'll try to get a pic if i hang out w/ this hoodlum again. The ones I want say 'explorer' on all 4 doors, they were very sharp on this dudes black x!
I think you can get them out of performanceproducts.com or stylinconcepts.com...i think i saw them in one of their catalogs...

haven't seen them on ebay (lately). I would also like to get one for the engine bay like BM did! hey Magic, what vehicle is that for originally?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts