Explorer Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have a beautiful 1996 XlT, and it is my main daily driver. Only 76,000 miles. It still looks brand new. But since it is a 1996, I have spent the last 2 years fixing and replacing all the rubber dry rotted vaccume lines and seals and bushings, I think I've about got it all done, except I have a new problem. V6 engine runs great, good power and no smoke and no leaks( fixed them all), but, now for the last 2 weeks, when I let off the accelerator peddle sometimes the engine dies, rpm's go straight to 0 and it stops running, I pop in in neutral and starts right up and away I go. It only does it when I take my foot off the gas to slow down to stop or turn, its a real PIA !, I'm getting ready to change the TPS and the IAC module and the CPS, do you think it is one of those causing this problem ? I get no CEL or anything, it just stops running. Any ideas would surely be welcome thanks guys for a great forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Come on, 31 views and no replies ? What's up with that ?
I had the same problem with my 95 xlt, turned out it was the egr valve. It had rusted through under the mushroom top, causing a big vacuum leak. Truck would lose idle at stops and deceleration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts