Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any ideas on where to get the Stealth boxes? I did a search and can't seem to find anyone selling them.
:

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
They also have them at crutchfield.com I'm pretty positive.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Do not buy them from Crutchfield they way over charge. The Q-Logic custom from them is $230. I got it for $169 from thezeb.com. I didn't have any problems with them and if you want to get it even cheaper, have Sound Domain do the 105% price match.

I'm hoping my JL Audio Vantage box will be in this next week.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I was actually thinking of: the Vantage box. Thanks, I'll check Zeb.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
thezeb.com doesn't sell the Vantage box so you know.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where'd you get it???

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
A local car stereo shop orders them directly from JL. I've never seen them available online anywhere.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AHHHHH...............I better make some calls then.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Prepare to be ripped off (not kidding). I rarely go to audio stores anymore unless I need it "right now"
300% markup.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know............a damn shame. I might as well not waste my time, really. I think I'm just going to grab a cargo cover on Ebay and be done with it.

That's a great amp btw, Rob. Wish I had the money...

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Actually ask your local stereo place. The MSRP for the JL was way over $200 and I almost s--t my pants but then he was like, I'll give it to you for $179. I don't know if that's because he felt bad teh Q-Logic didn't work or what but I was happy to hear it's only $10 more than the Q-Logic. Just call and ask and you could always wait until they have a sale on everything.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
My JL Stealth Box with a loaded 10W1 was like 500 bucks
Wow that is insanity...I think I'm just going to save my money and go bass free...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I can buy a regular box for $50.00 and get the cargo cover for about $50.00 total on ebay. There's NO WAY I'm spending $500 on a sub and box combo.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Fordexplorer157, Whoa that was too much to spend there IMO. I got my Vantage and ID sub for much less than that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not to steal a thread, but...

Has anyone installed dual stealth boxes? I know they make them for the different sides for the different years. I thought that one on each side would be unique. You'd just have a little relocation to do (jack, etc..). Just a thought.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts