Explorer Talk banner

Strange window problems

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  J_C 
#1 ·
I recently bought a used 2002 explorer sport trac and have been having some strange issues with the Windows. When I first bought the car the rear right window wouldn't go up or down from either switch. A few days ago my battery died and I had to jump the car, after that the rear passenger window worked but the breezeway window stopped working. Now the breezeway and rear passenger window aren't going down or up. If anybody has had the same issue and can help it would be greatly appreciated. Just don't want to start searching for an electrical bug without some tips

#2 ·
I would start by pulling the fuses, they probably aren't blown but might have some corrosion. Also there is a "delayed accessory relay" in the interior fuse box, that could also be the culprit. That might be interchangeable with the defroster relay next to it, making it an easy test.

#4 ·
Most common problem is frayed wires in the rubber boot that goes between the driver's door and front fender. If you find any then you'd solder it back together with heatshrink tubing over the solder point or ideally insert a new piece of wire there where it flexes in the hinge and slide both solder joints out of the flexing area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.