Explorer Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I totalled my jeep and i decided i wanted an explorer but i only have 3000 so im going to get an older one... i was looking on cardomain.com and saw some nice hookups to some of the old explorers... i was wondering where i could get ground effects for the older models... the front air dam, side fenders and back... kindof like the saleen explorer but i know i cant afford that kit...

any responses welcome

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
First of all, the Saleen body kit would only work on 95-00 Explorers. Secondly, you'd never be able to find the kit. The official body molds have been destroyed and whenever a random Saleen XP8 body kit piece is placed on eBay, you're going to pay more than it would ever be worth. Rediculous amounts of money.

However, there is a company called 'Explorer Express' (http://www.explorerexpress.com) that manufactures some pretty nice exterior pieces that can really make your first generation Explorer stand out from the rest. Well worth checking into.

There's really a lot of things you can do with the first generation Explorer, given the proper research, time, and money. Best of luck, and I'm sure other members will jump into this thread and give you some advice as well.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Oh, yeah I know about this guy. This is more of an extreme attempt. Basically he replaced his entire front clip (from the windshield forward) to the Mountaineer, and he was able to get the Saleen body kit pieces a few years ago. They're basically nonexistent now. Many people don't realize that.

So basically his whole front end is nothing of the 92 front end, with the exception obviously of the engine bay, etc. Just to put somethings into perspective, you said you have 3k to spend right? You wouldn't even be able to buy the entire Saleen XP8 body kit for 3k - assuming you were able to find all the pieces.

Not trying to discourage you, but just letting you know. That guy (Marco) did a hell of a lot of modifications to get to where he is now. Something more realistic that you could do is if you get the Explorer Sport, you could put the Honda Accord sideskirts to replace the Explorer sideskirts. It's small, but makes a big difference. And something like that is available no question, and cheap.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Check out racingJasons' truck he did one of the better jobs i've seen on the earlier explorers.

Those saleen explorers aren't so nice anyway

·
Registered
174 Posts
The best thing to do is decide what u want and to just go for it. It might cost alot and it might be a beaiootch to do but in the end it will be what u want... If you have some questions I will try to answer them for ya... Later, racinjason68 aka RJ68

·
Registered
155 Posts
We have many products for the 91-94 Explorers. This white 94 was our first Explorer X vehicle. It was a rolling test bed for our products. It has engine, handling and appearance products.

Engine: Headers, Pro-M Mass Air Sensor, Throttle Body, Borla Exhaust, Chip.

Complete X-Spec Suspension Package

Air Dam/Bumper Cover, Defectashield Running Boards & Fender Flairs, Stull Billet Grille, V-Tech Tailightcovers & color matched front end & rear bumper.

·
Registered
155 Posts
We painted out the rear bumper & custom installed Catz driving lights for "over the top" back up lights. We also used later style lower splash guards.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is everything visible on that explorer available from explorer's express... i do like the changes made to the back bumper because i dont like the chrome bumper... also racinjason68.. where did you get your air dam? it looks different than the ones ive seen by erebuni and stillen(the only 2 ive seen)...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
The airdam he has you can order from Explorer Express. The airdam on his Explorer is the exact one shown on the white Explorer above. And yes, you can order all of those parts off of Explorer Express' website. Basically anything you need JohnV can hook you up, within reason, just ask. 8)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh i couldnt tell... maybe itz the chrome linin on the top... thanx though... so if i dont get a sport there are no side skirtz that will fit on a 4 door??

·
Registered
174 Posts
trizzle you are one of the few who have ever pointed out about the chrome on the top of my bumper.... Basicly they are the same as the one john V sells.. mine is ford factory... Good luck with your X hunt. Later, RJ68

1 - 14 of 14 Posts