Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This was JSSONG's airdam. I sold my primered airdam to Ally, and bought this one already painted black from JSSONG since he is selling his X and this was a great deal that I couldn't pass up. So all in all, I have an awesome painted airdam and installed on my Explorer and it didn't cost me a dollar!

I will have a installation article on the main site within a day, it was the absolute EASIEST install that you can do on your Explorer. My friend and I installed it within 5 minutes tops and we were goofing around, so if we really tried it'd take less than 5 minutes!

My truck is very low now in the front, I have about 9" of ground clearance, definitely not anymore. Here's a picture showing the ground clearance:

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some more pictures

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow that looks sh!tty.

J/K!!

That looks great on there!
Glad to hear the installation was a breeze and that you got the airdam for the greatest price ever. Just becareful with driveways and such now. Again it looks great!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I am real careful with driving it. I am not worried about myself, I am paranoid my parents will do something really idiotic when they do something as small as move the car out of the driveway if for some odd reason they wanted to do it themselves when I wasn't around.

My dad has a bad reputation for rubbing the tires against the curb on his Explorer. But because of the tire protector width, there is no curb rash to the wheels. BUT I am NOT going to even try it on mine, obviously. But I really fear he will do something as idiotic as that, or pull in too far on a parking space and hit the curb with the airdam, or whatever else.

My parents never drive my car, but all it takes seriously is one time and I am willing to guarentee something will happen. My dad just has no common sense when it comes to cars with things like this. So I told him tonight, if he ever gets curb rash on my wheels...he will buy me replacement wheels. Same for the airdam. No questions asked.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Looks great Rob. Pretty cool how you worked that deal out!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll have more pictures soon enough...and ones actually from daylight.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Yeah I am real careful with driving it. I am not worried about myself, I am paranoid my parents will do something really idiotic when they do something as small as move the car out of the driveway if for some odd reason they wanted to do it themselves when I wasn't around.

Sounds like when my mom backed my '95 into the light pole out front. Not one of my best days.

·
Registered
368 Posts
hehe is that u in those pics rob? better get that gym membership :p haha im j/k..

air dam looks hot! i like that monotone look, very shiny

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Looks great, Rob!!!

And those pics your friend took are great. Very nice lighting.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hehe is that u in those pics rob? ?better get that gym membership :p haha im j/k.. ?

air dam looks hot! i like that monotone look, very shiny
No that's not me..thats my friend. He's the guy that took all those really nice pictures that say "john bell" in the lower right hand corner. He's actually got muscle, despite what he may look like in those pictures.

-------------------------

Oh, and thanks everyone for such kind words! Now I just need to get the rest of the gray trim taken care of. Too bad it's going to be like 11 months from now - but oh well that's just how it will have to be.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks great, Rob!!! ?
?

And those pics your friend took are great. Very nice lighting.
Funny thing is by the time we took the pictures with his camera (any that say "john bell" in the lower right hand corner) it was pitch black out....9pm at night.....but his camera is that amazing that it seriously makes it look like its daylight out! Its insane. His camera is amazing. It's like a $1,000 Canon one.

What did you end up doing about the rubbing issue?
I still have yet to correct it. But I will be removing the steering bump stop on the lower control arms, and replacing them with adjustable bolts.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's some daylight shots!

As you can see my paint has also taken a turn for the better! I have been using Nu Finish polish and still have yet to use the NXT wax, but the Nu Finish polish has been making AMAZING strides that any other wax I've used before couldn't even come close to. As a result my paint finally has that deep shine and gloss it should always have had. Nice shiny reflections now can be found on my paint!

I am about to hit it up with Meguiar's Stage 2 Swirl Remover, then Nu Finish Polish (again) and then finally Meguiar's NXT car wax....I will be sure to take pictures of that. I can't wait to see how good my paint will look then! Overall I am very glad I didn't waste $5k on a repaint...

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Looks AWESOME Rob!
Starting to look like BM's X 8) Just imagine how good its going to look when you monotone the flares

I say you keep your grill just how it is. I think it fits right in with everything else

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks AWESOME Rob!
Starting to look like BM's X 8) Just imagine how good its going to look when you monotone the flares

I say you keep your grill just how it is. I think it fits right in with everything else
I really was going to use the GrillCraft but instead I am just going to have my EE X-Spec grille touched up (i.e. fixed) and painted. I really like the way this stock grille looks even though its sorta awkward looking without the Ford emblem. So I know I will like the X-Spec grille.

It will just keep things looking clean, and SVT-ish lol. Yeah I can't wait to get all my gray trim painted black! It will make things look a hell of a lot better.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts