Explorer Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE: See last post LOL

I just thought I would let you all know that the Explorer has finally hit 35,001 miles.
It has lasted this long without any major problems. I'm sure there are a few of you that wish your Ex has fewer miles than it does now. I can't wait until the tranny fails, or the ball joints need to be replaced. The Cv's are making some noise right now. It won't be long before many parts will need to be replaced. :roll:

Or the shocks

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Here's mine about 2 months ago. I got it just at the right time.

Thats a good thing that your X is holding up pretty good. Man, 35k after 5 years is pretty good! Mine had around 100k when it was 5 years old.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are so lucky Tommy. I wish I had an XP8 8)

I was driving down a hill in '2' going about 35 in a 30, and I was trying to reach in the back seat for the camera. I missed the opportunity to get it at 35000, but this is good enough. I caught it at a stop light.

I use the lower gears when I go down hills, because then I do not have to brake. Everyone else is going 40 and stepping on their brakes every two seconds.

My uncle owned this thing before my family, and he walked to work frequently. Even during those cold North Dakota winters. I guess that helped on the miles.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
You are so lucky Tommy. ?I wish I had an XP8 ?8) ?

I was driving down a hill in '2' going about 35 in a 30, and I was trying to reach in the back seat for the camera. ?I missed the opportunity to get it at 35000, but this is good enough. I caught it at a stop light.

I use the lower gears when I go down hills, because then I do not have to brake. Everyone else is going 40 and stepping on their brakes every two seconds.

My uncle owned this thing before my family, and he walked to work frequently. ?Even during those cold North Dakota winters. ?I guess that helped on the miles.
Duluth has such steep roads. Its pratically San Fransisco there but very fun to drive on

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is very easy to get the tires to break loose going up those hills when wet.
In the winter, going up is a bit tricky, but not with 4wd. 8) I love engine braking with my new exhaust. It just burbles a little when going down the hills. It puts a smile on my face at least

I just finished waxing the Ex, and my little cousin (4years old) tripped and fell head-first into the rear bumper. He hit hard. It made a very loud crack. He is ok now.....

I am having problems receiving updates to this thread. I haven't gotten

any.
: I even have the box checked to get them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts