Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear to Joe, every morning and evening driving to and from work everyone tries to do everything they can to ruin my paint job! 18 wheelers throwing rocks, debris, and anything else they can on me. Cars going off the side of the road into the marbles on the shoulder and stirring them up on me. Jack-holes throwing their Cigarette butts out and landing on my grill. And the f^*#3r's that throw trash out and then tossed up by the person in front of me.

I don't tailgate and try and keep clear. But some how all this crap happens to find it's way to my front end.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Im sick of the 18-wheelers. They get crap all over the place and break peoples windshields and dont have to pay. I especially hate it when they drive on the freeway so more sand and crap hits the x. I know they're doing their job though.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow I'm feeling for you Matt. I hate all those things that s**t is thrown at our rigs.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
That really sucks, I cant tell you how many windshieds I have had replaced from the flying rocks!

My Mountaineer got hit in the front of the hood and had a big ding but it didnt chip the paint, I had a PDR "paintless dent repair" performend on it and it came out great, a week later it got another dent
I just left it in there and when I turned it back in off lease they didnt say anything about it, I just had to get a chip fixed on the windshiled

It seems like the more you try to keep youre stuff nice the more crap that happens to it. I really hate it when people open there doors into the side of youre vehicle, it seems if you try to park way out in a parking lot then some ass comes along and messes with it....it's a loosing battle

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I swear to Joe

Finally someone that realizes who i really am,
I try to keep a low profile, but sometimes i accidently reveal who i am.

My hood has it's share of chips in the front part, i just deal with it better than most people, not to mention i'm not into the showing thing so a few imperfections don't really bother me.

Hitting my truck with a cigarette is a whole other issue. As someone that despises smoking, i get really pissed when one hits my truck or car, it's really not a damage issue, it's like a lack of respect thing, i've acutally threatened people over this issue. Use you ash trash, if you smoke in your car it already smells like sh!t, so what's a few more cigarette butts gonna do.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Hitting my truck with a cigarette is a whole other issue. As someone that despises smoking, i get really pissed when one hits my truck or car, it's really not a damage issue, it's like a lack of respect thing, i've acutally threatened people over this issue. Use you ash trash, if you smoke in your car it already smells like sh!t, so what's a few more cigarette butts gonna do.

:word: I said this in another thread but someone's cig butt landed on my windshield and got caught on the wiper on the highway. I laid on my horn for 30 seconds. 30 seconds laying on the horn feels like 10 minutes.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
The cigarette butt would really piss me off too. I am also a person who despises smoking and I can't stand the fact that people smoke in some nice a** cars. It's just shocking to me and it really degrades the value of them and their car.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally someone that realizes who i really am,
I try to keep a low profile, but sometimes i accidently reveal who i am.

Joe Pesci...

You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. Joe Pesci. Two reasons; first of all, I think he's a good actor. Okay. To me, that counts. Second; he looks like a guy who can get things done. Joe Pesci doesn't f*ck around. Doesn't f*ck around. In fact, Joe Pesci came through on a couple of things that God was having trouble with. For years I asked God to do something about my noisy neighbor with the barking dog. Joe Pesci straightened that male genitalia-sucker out with one visit.

? ? I noticed that of all the prayers I used to offer to God, and all the prayers that I now offer to Joe Pesci, are being answered at about the same 50 percent rate. Half the time I get what I want. Half the time I don't. Same as God 50-50. Same as the four leaf clover, the horse shoe, the rabbit's foot, and the wishing well. Same as the mojo man. Same as the voodoo lady who tells your fortune by squeezing the goat's testicles. It's all the same; 50-50. So just pick your superstitions, sit back, make a wish and enjoy yourself.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Wait until your kids get older Matt, If I had a dime for every "I'm Sorry" after Kool-Aid spilled on a new carpet, cat clawing furniture or someone using their shoe to shut the car door "I went ballistic & put my shoe up her ars" When you have something nice the only one who really cares is basically you.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know about the kids. But I tell you what they are the only ones that see me eye to eye on this. My son Tyler closes the door with two fingers on the black trim piece between the window and the door skin. You never touch the paint. He will tell you this. I think I am raising a couple of Auto Enthusits Monsters!

He||, I see people at car shows that can't hold a candle to how my kids treat a vehicle. I just takes time and working with them.
The wife, now that is a different story! She can make me
!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
sounds like you have some great kids.....um but the wife, they just dont understand about cars

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Matt that's great that your kids know not to touch the paint.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I've had a fog light broken from flying debris and that's not cheap to replace.

No they are not! I haven't had to ever get the actual foglight replaced (just bulbs, duh) but I have seen what they cost!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
God I hope I never have to replace a fog light. I hear about broken fogs all the time.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
That really upset me....it looked awful until I was able to get it done. ?Not only did it cost me for the replacement I had it done as well ?
Susie I know exactly what you mean. But just imagine if your bumper was crunched, or you had a huge dent in your fender. I can't stand it when I see nice cars damaged like that. I know its a matter of having the money, and of course not everyone looks at cars the same as we do. But to me that's just wrong.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts