Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad is doing a project in the backyard involving large boulders so my dad, bro, and I went to a farm and picked up about 6 tons worth in two trips. We had to do everything ourselves and the rock pile was in the middle of nowhere and man, did I get a workout. I also got to feel what 3 tons (6000 lbs) feels like when driving. OMG, the first gear change happened at 25 mph and was VERY slow. I could only get to 55 mph without the steering wheel shaking too much and it took about a minute to get there. I was surprised though that the X only sagged about 1 inch in the back with a full load. This is how the X repays me for babying it all the time

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
how did you get u-haul to rent to you?? ?
Good question. Either they own that or he rented it under a different vehicle.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
And, he shouldn't have used them anyway. We should all be boycotting UHaul. We were going to go with them for our moving truck rental next week because they're cheaper but I am now renting from Budget. The hell with gayhaul.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
That's a good question. Also, you do realize you do realize your about 1,000 pounds over your maximum towing weight right? I would never have done that.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
That's beause your X is a girl and Rob's is a boy. His is more manly than yours.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
That's beause your X is a girl and Rob's is a boy. His is more manly than yours.

Riiiiight. Considering I have the more powerful engine I think you have that backwards.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rob said:
or he rented it under a different vehicle.
Ding! :!:

We used our van to rent it but the van cant handle the off roading we did.

That's a good question. Also, you do realize you do realize your about 1,000 pounds over your maximum towing weight right? I would never have done that.
Technically I was 2500 over maximum weight by what the manual says. Of course I was aware of that. This is the only way I have ever abused the X and it was for 30 minutes. Im not worried at all about abusing it for that little amount of time when I am so easy on it compared to pratically everyone else.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
DP

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Riiiiight. Considering I have the more powerful engine I think you have that backwards.
So your penis is bigger?

Not sure, but I may have been joking, btw.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
breaking the law..breaking the law
(sorry that song just popped into my head :roll: ) Piss on UHaul anyway, I wouldnt have even given them one penny because of there ignorence (sp) I wont even rent one of there moving vans because of there new policy against renting to Explorers

Ok, im done
it looks like your were pretty busy today.

Speaking of overworking a Explorer when I was comming home from the Amusement park (PKI.com) tonight I saw some idiot with a 2nd gen X pulling a big ass car hauler that had a rolled 2nd gen X on the trailer, talk about overloading a vehicle. I hope the rolled X has a good drivetrain in it because if the guy makes it home there is a good chance he will be doing some part changing, the other thing is I dont know how he was driving that thing with the front end up in the air :roll:

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
[..]

So your penis is bigger?

Probably. I don't doubt it.

Not sure, but I may have been joking, btw.

I wasn't quite sure if you were but I had a feeling. I didn't take it personal anyway.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Brad, what the hell were you doing at an amusement park on a Friday?

Don't you know those are for Mondays?

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I go as often as I can go, I was up there again today WooHoo but they will be closed on Monday
oh yeah and I will be working on Monday.

Back on topic.....PISS on U-haul

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I cant believe the hate for U-Haul :naughty:

Brad, heres your official "piss on U-Haul" pic

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, good luck finding one, I made it myself :dance2:

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Well, good luck finding one, I made it myself :dance2:

:sad: I was going to try to find one of them just so that I could be a ass like U-haul

you did a great job on that and I think you could sell a few...at least to some ******* X owners

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
I hate U-Haul too. They screwed all us Explorer owners over.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts