Explorer Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear brakes have been grinding for about a week so I figured it was time to change them. As it turns out it does need rotors and pads but also I found out the front ball joints or something are very loose. He showed me them and they're right behind the brake pad. He said that they are the original ones which is quite amazing I heard. They found nothing else wrong but everything is going to cost 1k. We're getting a deal and a free oil change in there since its been 10k miles. Kind of nice since I was going to do it next week.

Oh, he commented that he noticed how good of condition the x is in for the mileage and that someone must really pamper it. I felt proud

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
thats still unreal for ball joints, you will be happy when you get it back, it will drive alot better

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats still unreal for ball joints, you will be happy when you get it back, it will drive alot better
Not just that, there was so many sounds always annoying me and the mechanic said that this might be it. Ill be picking up the X in half hour so Ill see if I notice any change

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I noticed some changes: No more noises comming from the front like before and braking is much better. Im quite happy with the results. Im also glad I finally got an oil change after 10k miles. Man that filter was dirty. That wont happen again

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Soldier, if you do the tranny fluid change yourself, get a shift kit if you haven't already.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dang 10k...but i cant talk i need to get a transmission oil change real soon..
Well, I used part synthetic but its the filter I found out I should have changed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts