Explorer Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the Kicker SoloBaric S10L7 w/ Dual 4 Ohms worth buying? Or should I look for Rockford HX2's? Let's say I do buy those Kickers off the internet, what kind of amp do i need to look for to power two subs, and the other speakers in my car-- a multichannel one? I have no idea what the watts matter or what. Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I got this stuff, and I took it to a autoradio place, could the put this stuff in for me? BTW is it worth 500 like he's asking and does that amp amplify speakers also, or just the subs? Is that bad if its only subs? I'm tryin to educated myself on this, thx!

·
Registered
185 Posts
yea the subs and amp are a steal for that price... they hit so nice and clean... well worth 500 dollars.

To answer your questions yes any audio store could install the system and the amp does power speakers its a 4 channel amo so you could have 2 channels to subs and the other 2 to door speakers each set of 2 has there own controls to set bass level etc.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
If I got this stuff, and I took it to a autoradio place, could the put this stuff in for me? BTW is it worth 500 like he's asking and does that amp amplify speakers also, or just the subs? ?

Hey, yeah any reputable audio store could definitely install everything and hook it up for you in your truck. The amp is definitely powerful enough to power the subs and speakers. And all that stuff together is easily worth $500. It is nearly brand new anyway and the same parts brand new would run you around $700 once you pay taxes if you bought it from a car stereo shop.

I don't want subs and all, but if I did I would no doubt buy them. That is an incredible price, hell I wish I had enough spare cash to buy this cause I would.

·
Registered
98 Posts
IMO i would go with something else. Those subs are dual 2 ohm and the only way to hook them up to that particular amp is to series each sub to 4 ohms. That would only give each sub 150 watts RMS, which isn't very much power. When shopping for subs or amps you want to look at RMS power and NOT peak power. Peak power is usually just a number that company's slap on their product to sell them. That amp wouldn't put out 1800 watts if lightening struck it, the most it would be capable of is 600 - 700 watts RMS at 4 ohms bridged.

·
Registered
185 Posts
yea ur right in some cases the amp is rated for 1800 watts wich means in short burts of bass it throws out 1800 watts but the the other times its w/e the rms is.. that is my setup im selling outa my car.. let me just say that it was not even close to 150rms per speaker it was way higher.. the speakers are 500rms i belive and they were hitting at that ..i had my buddy down at the local audio shop wanting to go into comps for these things bc they were hittin so hard im my box..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ya usually peak power is rated as double RMS, so its pretty clear that rockford is lying about the amp capabilties. I can see that amp putting out around 200 RMS to each speaker at 4 ohm per channel, but its no where near 500 watts rms per speaker. Just because the speakers handle 500 watts RMS doens't mean the amp is giving them that.

·
Registered
185 Posts
if it put out only 200rms at each speaker then its only puttin out 400 watts thats not right man im tellin u it puts out ALOT more then that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Its only rated at 150 watts RMS at 4 ohms per channel, and 600 watts RMS at 4 ohms bridged. It can put our more, like 50 - 100 watts, but nothing close to 500 watts RMS per channel. Remember that SUV's arn't hard to get loud, you have all that open space to use. Have you actually heard a loud system, like around 147 - 150 Db. I know a bunch of people that have systems in their SUV's with 300 - 600 Watts rms and they think it soo loud and hits so hard. Then they listen to mine and say holy sh*t i can't even breath when you play yours. If you don't believe me that its not putting out more than 400- 500 RMS total then test the output of the amp. Just play a sine wave and record the RMS voltage output of the amp using a DMM. Then square the volts, times it by .707 and then divide by the impedence. This won't give you a 100% answer because of impedence rise but it will be close enough.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Autotek, you obviously know your car audio thats for sure. But regardless of everything that has been said, the stuff up for sale in that auction is impressive sounding to say the least. It will more than suit the average person who wants to invest into top brands and get excellent sound.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Autotek, you obviously know your car audio thats for sure. But regardless of everything that has been said, the stuff up for sale in that auction is impressive sounding to say the least. It will more than suit the average person who wants to invest into top brands and get excellent sound. ?

Oh no doubt it will sound good, but who knows if he'll want louder down the down road. So my suggestion would be if he just wants a nice system thats decently loud then by all means bid on the auction, its a good deal. But if your unsure about your future needs then it would be better to go with somthing else and have the extra power (headroom) for the future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts