Explorer Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a thought. What if I converted my front end into a mountaneers with a bullit grille!! I would also have the clear headlights without the grainy look. Any thought? Anyone done it before?

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I think a better idea (and cheaper) is to take your chrome section out, strip it down and paint it the same color as your truck. Total cost should be like 100 bucks if you prep it yourself.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, i was planning on doing that. I just hate my headlights. The grainy look sucks. I want clear headlights so i can see the bulb. They are much brighter

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Over on EF, expo5.0 did the conversion. It requires the header panel, headlights, corner lights, and grille. Some wire modification is needed on the turn signal wiring because the Ex has three bulbs, while the Mounty has one.

I have researched and considered this myself, but I wanted new parts and they cost too much for me.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I have a 97 Mountaineer, with headlight just like yours, I personally don't like the 98 headlight set up
. I have seen (not explorer's) diamond headlight which are crystal clear and those, you can see the bulb. Now those are cool. 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts