Explorer Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
AHHHHHHH! You've got to be kidding me, a brand new 5.0 engine! Ahh, I really need some spare cash.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just hold off on the paint job and get this...

Trust me no ones gonna car about your paint when when your thundering down the street.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Question, what else would I need besides the engine right there to get it to work...obviously the V8 transmission, but what else?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is what CobraXP wrote in another thread. I would think this would be close.

- Tranny

- Explorer water pump and timing cover

- Explorer accessory brackets

- Explorer wiring harness

- Explorer V8 or Mustang PCM

- Tranny electronics for the PCM (unless you go 5 speed, then you have to use a Mustang PCM)

- Motor mounts, etc

- 302 upper/lower intake and throttle body

- and some other things I'm forgetting...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Wow. That's just way too much money I can't afford to lay out right now. I'll stick with getting practically the same engine or better in the future by getting a Mustang 5.0. So many parts out there for that its not even funny.

G

·
haha, i just told the dad i'm buying it and he just said yea right, try and tell ur mother that ur gona put a 5.0lt in the x, she'll be ticked, i just laughed and said maybe tomarrow...

G

·
haha, he just came in and said, do u really want ur mom behind a V8, i said no, i won't even get a brush gard because of her, miss road rage, she'd push every freakin car outta her way...
...so its a no on the V8...

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Rob you could get it and use it as a decoration in your room until you can afford the other stuff.
J/K. Do the paint!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
One big word rob most of these parts can be found at junkyards for very cheap. late model and i would go with the stick but you have a 4wd right ?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Yeah i have 4wd, and theres another thread on this somewhere where i was saying its a heck of a lot cheaper and smarter to use a mustang 5.0 instead of an explorer 5.0 anyways.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
From what I can see, here is what else you will need:

-Upper intake

-Manifolds (headers)

-Throttle body and intake elbow

-Intake

-Injectors

-PCM and wiring harness

-Accessories and accessory mounts

-Motor mounts

-EGR setup

-some other things also

I don't know the dimensions on the tranny, but you might need a driveshaft also. There are some other things you would need also, but this would be a good start...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts