Explorer Talk banner

I think the sideskirts...

• Will make your truck look even more custom/badass

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Are OK, Neutral in decision

• Will look way out of place, ditch em, sell em, just DON'T use them!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I ended up having to get these sideskirts because the other ones I originally wanted, the ones that were just like the XP8 ones, didn't match the contours of the body and it just so happens that these do match up perfectly for my Sport. These are the exact same sideskirts that Marco used on his fake Saleen Sport:

Now, I already bought them so thats kind of a moot point. I got a great lucky deal on them as well. But honestly what is your opinions of these sideskirts? Painted black along with all my exterior trim/bumpers they will flow together very well IMO and don't look ricey. It adds some aggressiveness to the overall vehicle look, but so will the front airdam and the hood scoop I already have on. Honestly, whats your opinion thats all I want to know.

The width is PERFECT and installation will seriously be a breeze. I figure IF worse case scenario I could throw these back on eBay and get all my money back for them. Do you think this will "kill" the look I have working for me or only enhance it? Your opinions are all welcomed and will be of great value to me. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
How about a pic of the skirts right next to your truck for reference. I know his sport is a first gen(I think), not sure if the bodies are similar.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Rob's Sport and that white Sport are both the same body style. They are both 2nd. gens.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rob's Sport and that white Sport are both the same body style. ?They are both 2nd. gens.

Actually its not, that his Sport...his Sport is a 1st gen...he just did A LOT of modifications to it, check out the Cardomain page of his, http://www.cardomain.com/id/saleen_xp8

You'll see the original picture of his 1st gen stock and of course the current interior shots which give it away that its a 1st gen
Otherwise, you'd NEVER know.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ditch em, sorry rob your truck looks too good to mess it up with that

You really think they look that bad/will screw up the look that much? I mean regardless these are going on, I think they are going to look badass and really add a lot to the overall vehicle look, but thats me. Maybe I won't see the "big picture" until everything is done and installed. But I really don't see how I could go wrong with this.

Oh and Ryan what was your opinion?

·
Registered
391 Posts
they think they will look alright, go for it. if may look a little odd though, b/c you'll have the "lower" trim on the front and sides of the X (the air dam and side skirts) and nothing "lower" on the rear. but I think it will look alright.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
naw, gonna get some thats used on a accord but not those....I'll get a pic of what they are my friend at the body shop found them

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Make sure they match the contours of your Explorer, not all of them do..

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
[..]

Actually its not, that his Sport...his Sport is a 1st gen...he just did A LOT of modifications to it, check out the Cardomain page of his, http://www.cardomain.com/id/saleen_xp8

You'll see the original picture of his 1st gen stock and of course the current interior shots which give it away that its a 1st gen ?
Otherwise, you'd NEVER know.

Wow Rob I never knew that. Thanks for pointing that out. That is a lot of work to get a first gen. to look like a second gen. Again, thanks for letting me know.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I kinda like them, my only question is what it will look like with silver on it to match the rest of the lower section?

? The sideskirts will be painted black, where do you see silver? Are you looking at the Saleen side decals that run alongside the door? I'm not putting those on, and that's not part of the sideskirt anyway (obviously). Thats the only silver I see...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[..]

Wow Rob I never knew that. ?Thanks for pointing that out. ?That is a lot of work to get a first gen. to look like a second gen. ?Again, thanks for letting me know.

No problem. It really is amazing, isn't it? I want to try to get ahold of him sometime to do an exclusive interview / article on his trucks and whatnot. I mean the customized work he did on that first gen Sport is really outrageous, took lots of time and money!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Yeah that is amazing!!! I couldn't believe it when you said that it was a first gen. It's shocking. That would be great if you could do an article on him and his X. I would love to know how long it took for the transformation.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I think they will look fine if they mold into the flares right. In the wheel wells, they need to flare out 2-3 inches.

What vehicles are the skirts meant for?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts