1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
384 Posts
Dude let me get home and get the site I bought Motorcraft original parts well my tie rod ends was all I needed there is really nothing needed instuction wise. your replacing the outer tie rod ends same as I just did if you jack the front end up you can do it in less than half an hour. The hardest part is snipping the old cotter pins before you take the nut off. you don't even have to jack it up really. Just make sure you torque it down and buy the two new cotter pins before you start. I bought mine from Ford Central Lincoln mercury online, I spent 100 bucks total I think 36 each tie rod end if I remember right but they are the same sealed fod.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm Belgium, do you work with the NATO or Cemeteries?

When I drive to England or Ireland, I must drive through Luxemburg, Belgium down into France, then catch P&O to England & if I go onto Ireland I drive through England up into Scotland and catch another ferry to the emerald island (my wife is Irish)

Those people in the states don't know what there missing over here.

Open invitation everybody all you just need is passports and $$$.

·
Registered
666 Posts
This should prove to be very helpfull for me since I just got my truck inspected and it seems all four of my balljoint are gone or going. They quoted me 875$ for the job! So I think Im going to round up a few friends and some pizza and beer so they can all gimme a hand.

·
Registered
22 Posts
yea replacing the tie rod ends and ball joints aint too bad. it took me about four and a half hours doin it by myself. but that was wit access to a lift which made it so much easier. the only bad part is that on 2nd gen x's you have to buy new control arms. the ball joints alone cant be replaced.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Only for the upper control arms. The lower ones can be pressed out. If you buy the upper ones, get ones with replaceable balljoints.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts