Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I love this stuff! I applied these to my tires and they have been shiny for 7 days! And it rained the first 2 days (because that's what happens when you wash your Explorer).

These come in a pack of 25 for around $4. I like it because you don't have to clean any overspray and it doesn't spin off the tires onto the body.

I even use it on my running boards! <-- not recommended for people who actually use their running boards.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow that looks like a good deal. I will have to try that out.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
And it rained the first 2 days (because that's what happens when you wash your Explorer). ?
LMFAO! SO TRUE! SIG MATERIAL!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
:werd:

I am afraid to wash mine, it's been a while since it rained

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Yup happens here too. I wash the X and that just forcasts rain sometime within the next week. Oh well. At least there is a couple days of a clean truck.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I am really going to have to try those. The closest Ive come to a good tire spray is Armor All. Its really glossy in the beginning and lasts forever but attracts a lot of dirt and turns the tires brown. I will have to look for these

·
Registered
170 Posts
hmm i will have to try them and use it on my running board's also..but im gonna have to be carful as not to slip cause i actually have to use mine(what you havew to do with a lifted truck lol)

another reson im goign to love having a pickup to drive any tim ei want i can just park my truck when it rain's and my truck's clean

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I'm going to get some this weekend. I've been looking for something like that. I hate spray on stuff.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I have been using the spray stuff - pouring it on a sponge and wiping everything with it, but I think I am going to try some of these also.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I use the Black Magic Tire Wet Gel, and its a real pain in the ass though because you have to use a sponge or something to apply it, and it gets all over your hands and is very very hard to get off your hands with normal soap. But mainly its what do you do with a really nasty sponge between car washes.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Yes, I used to use the same stuff. There are these concave sponges you can buy that spread it on your tires with one wipe. I used to put them in a ziplock bag between uses but man, I'd rather just have these wipe things. One wipe and toss 'em.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Yes, I used to use the same stuff. There are these concave sponges you can buy that spread it on your tires with one wipe. I used to put them in a ziplock bag between uses but man, I'd rather just have these wipe things. One wipe and toss 'em.
Roger that

·
Registered
640 Posts
Ditto on the rounded spounge jiggers! Keeps from getting overspray, but I still get gunk slung all over my truck! Might give these a shot as well.

·
Registered
368 Posts
i use spray stuff... PITA, plus never looks that great cuz it doesnt spread evenly.. well mine at least ;) But yahthose wipes are nice

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Where are the wipes sold? Target and Kragen don't have them here.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Hmm....I'll have to check FlawMart. Have to go there after work, anyway.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Where are the wipes sold? Target and Kragen don't have them here.
Just go to any normal auto accessories store like Pep Boys, Autozone, or Advanced Auto Parts. Why are you (or anyone else) shopping for car stuff at god awful Wal-Mart, Target, etc. anyway?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts