Explorer Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Does anyone know what the small hump, under the middle seat of the 2nd row is? I wanted to put another amp in my x and that was going to be where it went, but when i went to slide it in for a test fit, i realized that there was something there, about the size of my fist, didnt feel solid under the carpet. Any thoughts? Thanks, Lenny

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
There is nothing under the hump, I cut mine out when I installed my rear console, it is just a piece of insutation and carpet that makes the hump, you should just be able to push it down and install youre amp. It you need a pic I can take my console out and snap one for you, just let me know. (it comes out real quick)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brad, THANKS for the offer but its not necessary to remove your rear console. I will do as you suggested, and if i really need to, ill do a little trimming. You and I have the same X, color is the same too, though mine is still stock with the only mods being the stereo so far. Your X is what i hope mine gets to look like! again, thanks! Lenny

·
Registered
418 Posts
There is nothing under the hump, I cut mine out when I installed my rear console, it is just a piece of insutation and carpet that makes the hump, you should just be able to push it down and install youre amp. It you need a pic I can take my console out and snap one for you, just let me know. (it comes out real quick)
Hey Brad, I'm curious to what you're talking about. Do you still have a picture?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts