Explorer Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I got my sub in today and it sounds great!!! I have an Image Dynamics ID10 V.3 Dual 4 ohm sub powered by a JBL BP300.1.

this is what it looks like when it's dark:

Originally the sub had this black plastic cover over it too:

But, the cover was touching the cone and making this horrible rattling sound. I could just hear the sub dieing. So I took it off:

I'm really happy with the performance of the sub and amp. I recommend JBL amps and ID subs to any and all!! The bass really adds what I wanted to my system and sounds a whole lot better.

Let me know what you guys think.

G

·
Looks good. I don't know if I can live w/o bass anymore 8) Gotta love the Stealthness of where you mounted it. I love mine, no loss of space!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Hey I really like it, but I don't dig the look without the cover on. I would've modified a few things in order to make it work, because it just looks weird without the cover on. Also I think you have really bad placement with that amp, I would've definitely tucked it underneath the rear seats or put it behind the side interior molding, like where the stock amp is.

But whatever works, nice job.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally I planned on having the amp turned 90 degrees and between the wheel housing and the rear of the car, but, there is that huge wire bundle so it was either there or practically in the middle of the rear cargo area. I really don't mind. I'm glad it wasn't mounted behind the plastic because it heats up really fast. I couldn't mount it under the rear seats because there is not room. It's all wheel housing under the seat and I didn't want to have to worry about back seat feet ripping wires out of the amp and damaging the amp. I'm really happy with the install though.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I agree with Rob, I think they should've mounted the amp somewhere not visible. You kinda loose the Stealthy-ness of the whole thing. Me personally, I think it being there would really get in the way more. They could'nt have mounted it behind the plastic side panels?? I really like the box and how it blends in so well. Overall looks very good.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They could'nt have mounted it behind the plastic side panels??

One word: HEAT

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh also, the amp looks bigger in the pics than actual size. I'll try and get a shot of the whole cargo area tomorrow to show you guys how little it impacts cargo space. The first pic looks like I have the 1200.1.
I really have a lot of space left.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I like it.

A couple things you could probably do, though: Build a custom amp rack and build some kind of grill for the sub. For both, maybe you could try fiberglass? Would be a good learning project if you've never used fiberglass before.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Wilson!!

I'm not much for building custom stuff and although I would have liked my amp to be in the place I originally planned, I don't mind where it is. I also like the fact that I can see the sub.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts