Explorer Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link! That looks like a good idea, and easy enough I suppose. My questions is where do I get the vinyel and how much would a piece cost?

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I bought mine from a local upholstery shop. If you have any fabric shops around you - they will have it also. Somewhere like a Han*censored* Fabrics or JoAnn's Fabrics.

I have $5.00 in material...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Covering the upholstery is a good option. I do not think the armrest is available from Ford by itself. They will want big $$$ for the complete console. I do have this one on the shelf. It is one the only one I have like it. It is only 10", but the price is only $74.95! It is not on our web site, so you will have to call us and ask for part #389-00303.

This one is a first come first serve deal.

By the way........welcome to Explorer X!

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I think Im gonna do the upholstering for my console. I was gonna buy a new door off of ebay, but this seems cheaper. Take a look at how bad mine is right now: What an eye sore!

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
What you talkin bout, that phone is pimpin! :pimpride: Actually not, just an excuse to use that smiley!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I found a a guy online, that for 23 dollars, he sends you a piece of material that matches the interior, cut already to shape to put on, and provides step by step instructions with pictures. I will take a photo of mine and post it this evening.

Let me know and I can find the site again. They have a great cheap fix for the radio as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts