1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
566 Posts
It really doesnt bother me any, I dont even have hitch on mine.

And I'm sure the hell aint gonna hook it up to my bumper hitch (dont trust those any further than I can throw it)

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Talk about discrimination :roll: But whatever, not like I'd ever use them.

G

·
thats freakin dumb....no wonder i can't find my trailor harness anymore, we bought one from u-haul about 5 years ago and it just died on us and i can't find it anywere...grrr

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Well, I have a U-Haul trailer hitch on mine. I think I'll see about getting my money back.

BTW, I'm "Disgruntled Customer" in that thread.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Re: Well thanks to U-Haul, none of us can tow their trailers

Doesn't bother me a bit. U-Haul is just killing themselves business wise. I would like to know the number of Explorers on the road since they starting selling them. That is how many business opportunities they have just lost. U-Haul is in such bad financial shape anyway, this will only cripple them more.

I would not use U-Haul equipment - regardless of what vehicle I had. That is a 'Been There - Done That' situation. They do not keep their equipment maitained, they do not have any type of customer support if you have a problem, and they do not stand behind their service. I can think of 10 other companies I could use and feel much safer about than U-Haul.

·
Registered
391 Posts
this may just be a stupid question, but....

Why tell them you have an Explorer anyway?? Just way you have a Mazda Tribute, its the same thing as an Escape, or whatever, or hell, just don't tell them what you've got anyway..... (of course, I've never rented a trailer b4 so I dunno if its procedure to know what'll be doing the towing.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well if you don't tell them you're going to be towing with an Explorer then say you can have a trailer that's fine. But, where you run into the problem is when you go to pick up the trailer and they see you're in an Explorer.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You could do that or you could rent from someone else and say screw U-Haul and their policies.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
And when you rent the trailer, sign the rental agreement which I guarantee will mention the Explorer issue, and get into an accident while towing with your Explorer, then you'll have a big problem.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
That's just rigoddamndiculous. :roll:

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I would really like to know the story behind there decision. For one thing they will be loosing alot of money by not renting to the thousands of Explorer owners, there has to be a good reason behind there decesion and they will need to explain why (I'm sure there attorneys have gone over there decision very well to avoid a class action law sute)

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah well pretty much after I saw that they weren't renting trailers I decided why get one of their hitches if I can't to their trailers? Like Wilson said, it's rigoddamndiculous. I really hate U-Haul now.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I would really like to know the story behind there decision. For one thing they will be loosing alot of money by not renting to the thousands of Explorer owners, there has to be a good reason behind there decesion and they will need to explain why (I'm sure there attorneys have gone over there decision very well to avoid a class action law sute)
Apparently, they've had a few lawsuits involving Explorer owners and that's their reasoning behind it (Rob has the link on the ExplorerX homepage). What cracks me up is that it does not include Mountaineers, only Explorers. Now what kind of sense does that make since they're the exact same vehicle?

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
U-Haul is too stupid to figure that out.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
[..]

Apparently, they've had a few lawsuits involving Explorer owners and that's their reasoning behind it (Rob has the link on the ExplorerX homepage). What cracks me up is that it does not include Mountaineers, only Explorers. Now what kind of sense does that make since they're the exact same vehicle?

Hey thanks, I just read that link.

Makes you wonder about the Mountaineer thing

1 - 18 of 18 Posts