Explorer Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i originally planned on getting 275/45/20 because there is some sidewall and whatnot. i talked to my tire place and i told them that i am lowering it 2-3 inches and he suggested 275/35/20. can anyone here verify that 275/45/20 work without any touching or rubbing? i dont really want the 275/35/20 cause there is little sidewall. he also said something about 96 and 97 rollover issues and that a few places told him not to put 20s on an explorer. but then other people said that there is actually less chance of a rollover cause they are wider and also it will be lowered. anyways tell me what you think.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Well I am in the process of gettin 20's on my X. I already got the tires and I am gettin the rims this coming Tuesday. But the tires that I got are the 275/45/20. The tire the Hankook Ventus ST RH06. It is a great tire. The guy I got my tires from said that there will be no rubbing what so ever. But I have yet to ask him about lowering it. I am gonna ask him on Tuesday because I want to get the EE X-Spec suspension!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i want the 275/45/20 's i know they will fit good because ive seen many X's with them that are lowered the same and they fit fine. the total cost of my rims and tires comes to like 1500.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
First lesson, never listen to the guys at local tire places. All they really know is how to put the tires on. They always say the know what fits, but check out their cars out back, none of them ever have rims.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I am personal friends with they guy that I got my rims from! The total cost on my rims and tires is $2,100.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
First lesson, never listen to the guys at local tire places. ?All they really know is how to put the tires on. ?They always say the know what fits, but check out their cars out back, none of them ever have rims.

Sad but True!

I have the 275/45/20 GY's Eagle II's. Good tire. Not very cool looking tread. But very cheap! I would love to get a set of Toyo Proxie's 265/50/20's but I can't justify the double cost and half tread life!

·
Registered
543 Posts
The tires I bought have the V shaped tread and it looks sick!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hey Blackmagic, If you really want those tires you should hop on those. On that website they are $129 per shot and I bought mine $199. That is a huge deal!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts