Explorer Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOA in the rear (6" of lift)

On top of that Skyjacker 6" lift Springs??

That's 12" of total suspension lift in the rear + My already 3" Body Lift and 2" Shackle and Spacer lift.... that equals 17" of total lift!!!! that's big enough to run 40's!!! That only thing would be leveling out the front....

But if I could figure out how to do the front.... you think its worth it???

It would look kinda like that Monster Explorer JohnV posted.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
I think that would be excessive yet awsome and beautiful!!
Go for it!!!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
wow....haha

you'll have to get me a ladder if i'm gonna get up in that

that would look cool though, reminds me of this dudes X 8)

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
yeah, the only problem would be that it could possibly be unsafe with such a high center of gravity.

possibly be unsafe? No one pass any gas, otherwise that thing will tip!
:uhoh:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Well, wouldn't the wider wheels make up for some of the height difference? If I sound stupid, ignore me 'cause I don't know much about lifting vehicles.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes wilson, you are correct. Actually, If I swapped in full width acles, it would be that bad at all..... Really, I could just use like some 5x12 wheels with about 4" b/s and it'd be alright, but it is not recommended to do any wheelin on anything wider than an 8" wheel

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Chica.... You have any info on that X?? And... i think you're coming on to me...

you'll have to get me a ladder if i'm gonna get up in that

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would love to have my X has lifted as the green one... I have a buddy here in town that is fixing to be running 20" of suspension lift on his Excursion by spring time, so far he has 17" of lift and NO body lift... Custom roll pan and running 22.5" rims the big wheel kit, I will post a few pics... Massive is all I can say his overall tire height is like 46" and still gets 9-12 mpg with the stock turbo diesel. I would say it you wanna lift it go big... Later, RJ68

The Acura Legend is also a friend of mine, his car is custom built with bags in the rear. Also tuk'n those 19" KMC's...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
OMG that is sick! I love that Excursion! Definitely love the paint and the front, wish you had some pics of the rear rollpan! Damn that is one hell of a setup. Talk about "King of the road!" Stupid question, but is that still street legal?

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
This sounds awfully expensive, like it would be 5000+ by the time it's done, IMO that's way to much. I'd rather just buy another car instead.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Sweet Excursion!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well define street legal... LOL He is over the local lift limit like 6" so far I believe. His tires alone are like 600 a piece and the rims and adapter kit I am not even sure of.... Way expensive... I will try to get some pics of the rear end and some newer pics with the 5" custom exhaust. This thing is way cool in person, has to be seen to be apreciated. He was in Greensville for the car show and It was in Texas for Heatwave. He tries to get to as many shows as possibe in our area. Just think he has about another 6" of lift to go. And he drives it to all shows and outta town, basicly his daily driver. Later, RJ68

1 - 19 of 19 Posts