Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where can I find out the real value to go by like Kelly Blue Book. I don't want to be overpaying for it. Are all these performance parts aftermarket? I don't want to have smog problems bringing it back to Cali.:

1998 SALEEN ALL WHEEL DRIVE EXPLORER,#23,SUPERCHARGED 5.0,3:73 GEARS,1:7 ROLLER ROCKERS, MOTORSPORT HEADERS,MAGNAFLOW 3"CATBACK EXHAUST, GREY LEATHER,FACTORY CARBIN FIBER KIT ,18/9 SPEEDLINE MAGNIESIAM RIMS,ALL WINDOWS ARE TINTED INCLUDING WINDSHIELD. I WAS TOLD BY THE PREVIOS OWNER THAT THIS WAS THE SALEEN PROMOTIONAL VEHICAL IT IS AUTOGRAPHED BY STEVE SALEEN ON THE RADIATER SUPPORT.THIS SALEEN BOOKS FOR $27000 TO $33000 CHECK N.A.D.A. ANY ? JUST ASK. NO RESERVE LISTED TO SELL

I'm trying to figure out how to get the car checked out and how the interior looks. Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
There really is no way to get a value on the XP8 other then NADA. THe Supercharger was added aftermarket... All of those performance parts other then the the Factory Saleen Parts like the Wheels are aftermarket. I would ask him if the parts were added by him or the previous owner. You also have to be thinking about getting new tires soon... 40000 miles on them you should be able to get another 5k out of them. I got 45k out of mine and then got new ones. Your looking at around $600.00 for tires. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The price is good.. I thing that these vehicles are worth alot more then some people ask for them. I have one (its in my signature) and I have been thinking about selling it for $20,000 - $25,000 it currently has 58,000 miles. Let me know if you need anything else.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I agree, you need to lay your eyes on the car before you purchase. I have had a few bad cars that I was going to purchase and they were just complete crap.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
That looks like the powerdyne charger which whether or not it was added later has no effect on anything but horsepower, since that's what they used, take the vin and call saleen, they will authenticate the vin, and tell you the options that were installed.

So far seems like a good price, looks like all it's missing is the recaros.

The NADA book value will be very high, but you'll never resell it for the nada price.

Here is the page for that truck or close to it, if not i'm sure you can figure out how to work it.

http://nadaguide.com/Values/ValueCategoryR...r=1998&ColorId=

If you wreck it you stand to make a few bucks (i'm not suggesting that)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes, it is a powerdyne Supercharger. I have the same one. No Recaros, no brakes. It looks to have the wrong pedals. It does have the Shadow banner that you cannot get anymore. It was only on the early 98's. The Carbon Fiber on the dash was added. Call Liz at 949-597-3880 and just tell her it is XP8 98-0023. She will verify the vin for you and be able to tell you everything you need to know about it, exactly what options that came on it from factory. Let me know the outcome with it.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
There's always the possiblility of the brakes being removed since they were for the most part defective.

ya, give liz a call, she should be able to sort it out by about 2 weeks after the auction is over (sarcasm). Beware soon after your phone call you'll realize why saleen's customer service sucks.

·
Registered
566 Posts

2000xp8 I love your mustang that is one sweet piece of machinery. Thats what I really want someday. Anyways back to the topic at hand....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Another thing I just noticed is that it has a hitch on it... I would make sure that the back shocks are not going ot be going out on it. Just wanted to let you know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow I'm really surprised at the replies that I have recieved. I own a 2003 Harley truck and post very often on our Harley site nhtoc.com I have about 1800 post. Its great to see people that are willing to help out. It is just like our community that is well knit.

This is their reply:

the interier is good, paints not fadded or cracked,

some rock chips in front,not shoh qality but fair,

some maintenance reckards are in yhe glove box ,there

is no rust, mabey a couple dings ,every thing stock

except exhaust, headers ,roller rockers, milage 18-22,

probly holds 22 gallons, selling because i dont need

it my girlfreind wanted it then quit her joband im

paying $950 a month in car payments---

I didn't edit it so that is their bad spelling. If it had recaros I would be very upset not to get them with the xp8. Thanks again for all your help.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have already put a call in to Liz to find out the information from her. I should have something tomorrow. One other thing you might want to find out is what wheels it has. If it has Speedline wheels there is no problem, if they are other then Speedline there was a recall for them and they are hard to get in white. I have a friend that has been waiting for over 1 year now for replacements and he doesn't have them yet. I will let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought this XP8 on Ebay yesterday. I did try to check with Liz, but alas, she was unavailable due to the holidays. Mark at Performance Autosport was able to get me the info I needed. It only came out of California with the Ford Leather option, so I am assuming that all of the interior work, hood, and supercharger was after the fact. If anyone is interested, I will give you a quick update on the condition of the vehicle when I pick it up, its always a little stressful buying sight unseen, as I am sure you all know. The truck does have the Speedline replacement wheels, so that was a relief. The CARFAX report came back clean, other than an accident with moderate damage in 2000. I talked to the PO who was unaware of the accident, the dealer did not inform him of the accident when he bought it. He paid 24K for the vehicle in September, trading a 96 Mystic Cobra and 15K cash. I have been looking for a reasonably priced XP8 for a while, and still can't believe no one picked this one up at this price before I did. Anyway, I am new to this forum, Happy New Year to you all, and hope we can assist each other in keeping these special vehicles on the road!

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
That guy made a mistake selling it during the holidays, not that many people buy vehicles over christmas break, when most are broke from buying presents.

BTW, doesn't matter that it was the holidays, liz returns calls up till 2 weeks later, not something that makes me happy.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts