Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I rice this up of do you all think this looks ok......I just got done and it is dark outside.....I will have to see it in the daylight to see if it looks ok
:

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Don't mean to hurt your feelings but, I hate it. IMO it should have been left the way it was so it matched. The red sticks out too much more my likings.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow man, that looks awesome, it looks great in the dark anywayz, deff red...lol

Thanks, I just dont know, I will have to see it tomarrow in the daylight.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't mean to hurt your feelings but, I hate it. IMO it should have been left the way it was so it matched. The red sticks out too much more my likings.

Meany :(

Just kidding, I really wish I had youre guages, I miss them and mine were all black and ugly.........now there
black and red 8O

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I don't like it. But you get an A for effort.
Honestly, with your X, I would go with stainless or billet. That would look sweet. I have a stainless bezel on mine, even though I put it in halfassed, but it looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't like it. But you get an A for effort.
Honestly, with your X, I would go with stainless or billet. That would look sweet. I have a stainless bezel on mine, even though I put it in halfassed, but it looks pretty cool.

Thanks for the A , I dont know where to get the stainless for my year, I would really like that.

I may be in shock tomarrow when I look at it again

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
hmm, maybe if you had more red, but I agree with Wilson about the stainless or billet...that would look hott

but A+ for effort

·
Registered
6,767 Posts

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's the one I have:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2457015042

Mine is brushed aluminum so I don't know why they are saying they're chrome now, but that's it. It isn't for your year and I just checked www.speedhut.com (the seller in the auction) and they don't appear to have it. I'll keep looking.

I just checked those out and that is what I want, they did seem to have just about everything but the newer Explorers :(

Thanks for checking

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
dwtc, personally I like it but I'm also on the fence about it. No question about it a brushed aluminum would look 100x better. But I don't think it sticks out quite as bad as what some people might suggest or imply. I think it would work better overall IMO if your gauge overlays didn't have so many damn holes! I think that is what makes it stick out more than if it was more "solid"...

But anyway I like it

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dwtc, personally I like it but I'm also on the fence about it. No question about it a brushed aluminum would look 100x better. But I don't think it sticks out quite as bad as what some people might suggest or imply. I think it would work better overall IMO if your gauge overlays didn't have so many damn holes! I think that is what makes it stick out more than if it was more "solid"...

But anyway I like it

Thanks Rob, I think it is looking like it sticks out real bad becaues of the flash on the camera, when I had the flashlight on it, it was not that bright, the inside of my vehicle is kind of dark anyway, I guess I will find out tomarrow how it looks in natural light..

The good thing is that it is easy to fix/change the color, I just wish I could get some of the guages like you bought from me, they looked so good.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I just wish I could get some of the guages like you bought from me, they looked so good.

Now I feel guilty...

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just wish I could get some of the guages like you bought from me, they looked so good.

Now I feel guilty...

dont, they dont make them for mine......except the mountaineers, they have the silver background instead of the black, I checked into getting them but there is a crap load of things I would have to go through to get them and nobody can tell me if they will even work, the new gen x's have a processor or computer in them that has to be programed by a dealer in order for them to even start and run. They have to have a VIN number to order them and a production date.. if I give them my VIN then they would end up ordering the same ones that I have, thats why I thought I would just paint the bezel to make it have some color, maby I went too far with the red

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hmm, maybe if you had more red, but I agree with Wilson about the stainless or billet...that would look hott

but A+ for effort ?

well the seat belt thingies have red in them does that count???

Just kiddin

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I don't think the red is going too far at all. The "up-close" shot doesn't look real great (mainly due to the darkness and flash reflection), but I really dig the first shot. Personally I would keep it red and in that same shade unless you find the brushed aluminum piece or decide to do the photo genesis, which is what Phoenix Imaging does.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't think the red is going too far at all. The "up-close" shot doesn't look real great (mainly due to the darkness and flash reflection), but I really dig the first shot. Personally I would keep it red and in that same shade unless you find the brushed aluminum piece or decide to do the photo genesis, which is what Phoenix Imaging does.

Thanks again Rob you and frickea86 are appear to be the minority.

The problem with a different color is the guage needles have a gray color on the center of them, the radio bezel and door trim have the silver/gray fake carbon fiber (or whatever it is supposed to be) so if I go with silver or gray then it wont match the other items
:

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I looked at it today when I got back from work, it doesnt look bad at all, I really think the pics look so bad because of the flash, in the daylight (what little we had) the red looks pretty dark (nothing like the pic) the inside of my X is already dark with the tinted windows so it doesnt stand out at all.

I will try to get a good daytime pic (if it ever gets sunny again) without the flash.

As far as the rest of the interior, I am not going to add any more red

(I do wish I could get a red emblem in the steering wheel like BM suggested
) but I dont think I will be able to find one and it is part of the air bag so I wont be messing with that.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. If anyone finds the white face guages or silver/stainless trim that will fit my X please let me know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts