Explorer Talk banner

what interchanges

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mickeymann 
#1 ·
Can anyone direct me to a page or ? that gives me info on what will interchange with the sport trac? I have an 05 Adrenalin xlt and I need a tailgate. Boneyards around here don't have the trac. I was told the 150 tailgate would work but I don't know. So if one could shed some light I would appreciate it
Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
Ford shares a lot of parts with different models. The tailgate of the 1st gen Sport Trac is the same as '97-'03 Ford F150 and '99-'07 Super Duty. The only visible different is the plastic piece on the bottom of the Sport Trac tailgate which is held on by double stick tape I believe. Here's a EBay link to a F150 tailgate and EBay has other listings that say they can paint to match your tailgate. Some say the replacement tailgate metal is not as thick as the original OEM tailgate. I don't know if it's true.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=332555065725&_sacat=0

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.