Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what you 3rd gen guys would do with a thousand bucks.. throw out some ideas...

i was thinking hood scoop,jba headers and exhaust or just save it for rims....... How about you?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Personally, I would save it for rims. That's just about the only thing left that I'm going to do to the outside of my truck. At least until I decide whether or not I'm going to keep it when my lease is up.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
what kind of rims are you looking for?

I would get rims before I would do performance mods, you will be glad that you got rims if you lower youre X

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Boss 308 idk how good they would look though if anyone has a pic of these rims or simalir on an x let me no just so i get a feel for how they look....

these are pretty sweet i always liked the deep dish look

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I dont like the first ones at all....DEFINITELY go for the second ones...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Get a thousand one dollar bills and head to the strip club

On a serious note, I would go for the second set of rims. Too much action going on with those first ones for my taste.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
I vote for the first wheel.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
#2, definitely.

BTW, I'd also buy those CobraR's I've been wanting and some tires with $1000. I really need tires now since I got another flat the other day. Riding around now on the spare till I get it fixed Saturday.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I personally know that the boss 306's will look really tough on your truck as I have them on mine. But I know of myself and I think a few others that I think have these rims. If I were you I would go to a rims website and take a look around. There are some pretty awesome looking packages around. Good luck. Rims are definately the first mod to do. They clean a truck up like night compared to day.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'd go with door number one if I were you because I want door number two for the Limited, and well, we just can't have tooooo many 3rd gens running around on 306's!

Seriously, rims are the single biggest change you can make to any vehicle that totally recreates its look.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
look on ebay or any wheel site, there are thousands of wheels and thousands of shapes and looks, dont jump to by anything yet

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
I don't think you could go wrong with either one personally. Just don't put spinners on your X ?
, he he

:werd:

·
Registered
10 Posts
their s a guy over at fxn named ilowerriderxi and he's selling his boss rims and i think their the second option you have you can probably get them for a very good price

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think i would try and come up with a coil/over shock-strut lift kit for the 3 rd generation Ex's since there is none on the market! There are a lot of people just waiting to lift up the 3 rd generations and no-one has one on the market!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I'd get the rims also. But the spinners comment, I dunno there's a 4 door XLT 2nd Gen Red around here that has some 20 inch spinnners looks pretty good also a 3rd gen 4 door xls red with some huge spinners dont know the size just saw him one day. i think it depends on the look you are goin for with your X if spinners would look good or not. Just My Opinion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts