Explorer Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to Ford, new to this forum. My 2016 Explorer XLT has 57,000 miles on it and I'm getting ready to replace the original pads. I have noticed some threads on here from back in the 2006 time frame. Just wondering if anyone has any newer advice on what brand you all are using. I'm a fan of drilled/slotted rotors with ceramic pads. I've had excellent wear and performance with my other vehicles with that setup.

Thanks for any input...

B

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m in the same boat, at 50,000 miles. Had the same thoughts. I’m sticking to ford pads. How can you argue with 50,000 miles on the original pads. mine needs rear pads, fronts at 50%. OEM Pads and rotors are a little pricey, but worth it, in my opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m in the same boat, at 50,000 miles. Had the same thoughts. I’m sticking to ford pads. How can you argue with 50,000 miles on the original pads. mine needs rear pads, fronts at 50%. OEM Pads and rotors are a little pricey, but worth it, in my opinion.
Nmiro
TX for that. I'm a big fan of Rock Auto. Buy 99.9% of my parts from them and I do a lot of mechanical work. In most cases they're 25-50% cheaper than OEM and are the same exact part #'s....Might want to check them out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts