Explorer Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked all over the place for hoods that have hood scoops on them but I have not found anything. I have found a cowl hood but before I buy it I want to make sure that I don't buy something and find something else that is better. Where could I find a hood like this?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
John V sells hood scoops that you can add to your hood you have now, you can even get is "molded" in for a custom look too. Looks good either way. I'm sure John will chime in here soon about it.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Well do you just want the look of a hood scoop or do you want a functional hood scoop? Explorer Express has hood scoops available for purchase and look fantastic...

Check out this thread for pictures, prices, and ordering info.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
:doh:

We posted basically the samething at the sametime

G

·
:stupid: ....yea what he said....and about saying the same thing, i'll say my favorite quote "u'll have that!!!"

adam

G

·
Here's a little number I made up. Its got an offset scoop thats just big enough to be noticable. Please disregard the other missing parts. The rest is still under construction

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would like something that is functional if there is something but I dont know where to get anything like that but if that is not abliable I would be fine just with a hood scoop.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Real Quick.... What year X do you have?? that would kinda matter your options with hood, b/c I know that on the first gens, you could get a ranger hood and slighty modify it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a 1996 explorer. I have already found the cowl hood but I want something with a hood scoop or something of that nature. I am hoping for something functional. Thanx for the help!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts