1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grillcraft in silver or black?

Fab a F-150 Street Scenes Speed grille?

Use the EE X-Spec grille?

Each one has their own specific advantages and disadvantages, but I really need some help deciding what to use. I do not want to use the Speed Grille that is made for my Explorer at all because I do not like the look of horizontal bar with the front emblem. Please help me decide!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I thought you already got a EE X-spec grille, Rob?

My two cents -for your generation of X, I like the look of the EE grille. For some reason, it seems to me the others make the front end look too "flat" to me. I personally don't care for the Grillcraft grills, and it just seems like you have been striving for more of a "stealth" monotone look that the speed grill wouldn't be consistent with.

Or - do whatever feels right to you. You've been doing a pretty awesome job of making your truck look great so far.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Speed Grille definately!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought you already got a EE X-spec grille, Rob?

My two cents -for your generation of X, I like the look of the EE grille. For some reason, it seems to me the others make the front end look too "flat" to me. I personally don't care for the Grillcraft grills, and it just seems like you have been striving for more of a "stealth" monotone look that the speed grill wouldn't be consistent with.

Or - do whatever feels right to you. You've been doing a pretty awesome job of making your truck look great so far.
I do already have the EE X-Spec grille. But I'm second guessing what I should do. The more and more I think about it, the more and more I want to use a Speed Grille or Grillcraft.

BTW the main difference between a GrillCraft and a Speed Grille is that the SG is curved outwards which I like a lot, it just adds more depth. The GC is just flat. But the advantage to the GC is that they have one made in black, and I don't know about you guys but I think a black grille would look good on my truck keeping it all monotoned. But then the disadvantage to that is that they may not even notice it whereas a silver would work better.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I prefer Char Broil but I hear the Sunbeam grills are very good as well.

I like the SS grill.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I prefer Char Broil but I hear the Sunbeam grills are very good as well.

I like the SS grill.

Weber rules!!! Accept no substitutes

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well guys I just placed my order with FLIK for the F-150 Street Scenes grille! I got an incredible deal on it so I know I will be happy with it. I can't wait to install it.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW damn while I was at it I had FLIK order the lower grille for the Explorers so I had both the top and bottom. I got everything SHIPPED for only $187! 8O WOW! Seriously I give FLIK mad props for this. I can't believe everything was that cheap. That's cheaper than just the top Grillcraft grille!!!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow that is awesome!!! Can't wait to see it on your X Rob!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
So you didn't go with the Char Broil, huh? You'll be sorry...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I guess my last minute vote for the EE Grill doesn't help!?! ?
lol, well if it helps at all I already have the EE X-Spec grille in my house. But again I just don't think its the exact look I want.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know what you mean. But I love the design of the speed grilles. Think of Ted's...his came out fantastic.
And to me thats just as clean and custom

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
But he is Lazer Red and Polished Grill. ?Your will look great too. ?I was just stating my personal preference. ?
These grilles are polished too. Also I won't be putting these new grilles on until after my entire truck is repainted. It would just look retarted now with the two-tone.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well if you saw my other thread you will now know that the Speed Grille ended up in the garbage...yes, it was that bad.

Now I am yet again back in this same position. Do I buy a GrillCraft grille which I know will fit and is in one piece (I would buy black), or do I just get this EE X-Spec grille I have fully prepped, primered and painted? I am in a real dilemma. I am even considering buying a billet grille because at least with that I knew it fit and it looked really good on my Explorer. In many ways I wish I never even got rid of it. But I was trying to go for something different.

All I know is I am pretty pissed because I just wasted over $100 on this stupid piece of garbage...and I do NOT want to spend another dollar on a grille option unless I am going to like it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts