Explorer Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Pretty cool rob,

where'd you get the pics, i could of sworn i had seen that xp8 on ebay, a long while back.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
This guy I know who had an XP8 99-018 also had a Steve Saleen sig on his dash. From what I know a few each year he signed either the dash and/or the window sticker. My X was not that lucky :|

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not only that, but it'd be a pain in the ass everytime you would wipe down your dash with say armor all or something. You wouldn't want to touch it, and if the passenger side airbag ever ejected...

Maybe thats why he signed it there. So right is you get nailed from the front end and the passenger side airbag ejects, the last thing you remember seeing is the steve saleen sig charging right at you at 400 miles per hour.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Rob you use armor all on your dash ? once you use it once you must use it forever. I do not use anything on my dash in any car of mine.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Occasionally. Not often.

Why is that, about using armor all once and having to use it forever? BTW I've never used anything other than Armor all on it anyways. I might use the armor all on there maybe a handful of times a year.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
it attracts dust like crazy, everything sticks to it and the surface is never the same after. For example look at your tires or any molding you apply armor all to after it rains. It gets that film on it. I just use a shammy to clean off the dash everytime i wash my cars

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
I use armor all too. I haven't yet on this Explorer I have but I did on my '95. I never found it to attract dirt or anything. I only used it like twice a year.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, not entirely. I've heard it before but I never had problems with the armor all. If you apply it correctly and dont go overboard, or use it too often, then you will be fine.

As far as the tires, I know what you're talking about. First of all, using armor all on tires is stupid. I dont know why people do it. I use the tire gel shine stuff all the time, and that stuff kicks ass, and looks 100x better....not to mention it lasts significantly longer.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I use it weekly once its spring and the summer. 8) Nothing like a clean ride.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I'm glad you knuckled heads are discussing armor all, but rob i still want to know where you got the pics of the xp8.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts