Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
They will fit but check with Joe as per the quality. Not all of the Saleen wheel replicas are the same, nor is the build quality. If you end up with the wrong ones they will literally break within no time, as they are not meant for the Explorer's weight.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Make sure to call them and check about the weight thing, even though i just called, and got their machine, and i believe he's the same guy that sells them on ebay, and i've spoken to him before and he says they will work.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks xp i'll give him a call....so if the weight thing is a good, then they'll work, right?

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
If your truck is the same as mine, it should, but you'll need 4 of the same wheels, as i believe the mustang uses 2 fronts 2 backs.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yah i'm wanting the 18x9's with the +24mm offset. I called and got the machine too, so I e-mailed them also, well see.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright if these puppies will fit I'm getting them, but can someone photochop these on there in place of thats on there.

oh and add an airdam on the front

thanks in advance

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
IMO you need a better, "normal" sideshot of your truck Ally to use. You need one at the ride height that your X is at right now, especially to add the airdam on as you requested, unless you want it into the ground

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
8O Ted to the rescue you never let me down! Thanks

yah i'll get another pic, after I stare at this one for few hours

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
One suggestion i will make is, make sure your rims won't be whiter than your truck, that would be bad.

You may have to take a few pics with the digicam with the brightness turned up, so you can really see.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got an e-mail from the guy this morning...

Yes, long as the vehicle is not being used as a tow vehicle.

The wheels are rated at 690kg load per wheel.

We look forward to your business,

So looks like it would be good. Good point xp i'll do that. Was talking to Ted (TAS) lastnight and he reminded me doesn't expo5.0 (on EF) have a set of these on his ride? I think i'll pm him and see.

eh I'm excited now

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Xchic those wheels look great!!! I hope you get them!!

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
That's what all the saleens use, including mine.

Anything less is too little tire, anything more is definetly too much profile.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts