Explorer Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gonna go test drive a V8 tomorrow, but I am really hesitant about buying some of the '03 here that I see that have 20K miles on a 2003 year make.

I am eyeballing a 2003 X Eddie Bauer! Thanks you guys rule!!!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Good luck with your search, and let us know how you make out!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I purchased a 2003 Demo with only 6K miles on it for $6750.00 under invoice after discounts and rebates and got new car interest rates to boot! This time of year you're really better off finding a left over 03 on the dealer lot, especially if it's a demonstrator!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Wait....let me make sure that wasn't a typo or anything...You paid UNDER 7 grand for a floor model....that only has 6k miles on it?! Why did they drop the price so drastically? I mean thats about a fifth of what the car normally costs...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I wish! No, I paid $6750.00 under the invoice price, which on this vehicle was $35,155.00! The MSRP was $38,360.00, it's a loaded Limited model! So I ended up paying $28,405.00 for a $38,360.00 truck! They discounted it $2000 because of the miles, and then Ford had $4000.00 rebate and $750.00 Military cash that could be applied to the purchase. And I still got a 3.9% new car interest rate. Not as good a deal as you thought, but still not to shabby!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Oh ok, that seems a helluva lot more believable now. Also, hey that is extraordinary that you got 10k off the actual vehicle sticker. I'd be happy myself!

Is it just me though, or is getting rediculous to pay nearly 40k for an Explorer? I know its a Limited...but geeze, just seems too excessive. My dad got his 99 XLT with the V8 for 26 brand new off the lot. That included an alarm system. And we didn't know the dealer at all, we didn't go through the usual "friend of the family's" Ford dealership.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You are right on that point! And, if it weren't for the discounts, rebates, and the money they gave me for my trade-in, I wouldn't have gotten it! I was looking for an 03 XLT Sport, but couldn't find one with the options I wanted. This had them all and more (I've really grown to love the heated seats!). The prices really have gotten out of hand. Another reason why the last two vehicles I've purchased have been left over demonstrators! You can get them for a price that's a little more in line with what they are actually worth!

·
Registered
268 Posts
My Mountaineer was also a leftover demo. I was shopping for a used 02 when I found the demo tha I bought. I can't say that I got as good of a deal as 03 LTD but I still did very well vs. a "brand new" model.

Chad

·
Registered
125 Posts
PA Mountie,

Congratulations on your new truck! Yes, I feel I did really well on my purchase. The dealership I purchased from had six 2003 Explorers on their lot, three were demonstrators, so they were willing to deal to move them. All the demonstrators were priced below invoice before applying any rebates. My decision was between the 03 Limited I got and an 03 Eddie Baurer that only had 45 miles on it! The limited had more options, and I was able to get it for about $500 less than the Eddie Baurer, but it was still a tough decision! It came down to the fact the Limited had the Control Trac 4X4 and the Class III Towing package, and the Eddie Baurer had AWD and only the Class II Towing. So, I went with the Limited. I also perfer the gray interior over the Beige that is the only color available in the Eddie Baurer, and my Limited has the Midnight Gray, which may as well be black! It looks awesome!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I hear you, they had a black and a silver demo and I went with the black because it had the class III tow pkg over the silver one. I needed it to be able to tow my boat. The silver one had the dark gray interior which I liked better than the beige that I got, but I can live with it.

Chad

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought an 03 XLT V8 AWD Demo with 6500 Miles on it. Black with Gray Cloth 6 Disc Change and a sunroof and I paid about 8000 under invoice after rebates and all. I love it!! I wish it had 4WD instead of AWD but for the price I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Welcome to Explorer X 03XLTV8!!!
Got any pics of your Explorer?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I just bought an 03 XLT ?V8 AWD Demo with 6500 Miles on it. Black with Gray Cloth ?6 Disc Change and a sunroof and I paid about 8000 under invoice after rebates and all. ?I love it!! I wish it had 4WD instead of AWD but for the price I couldn't resist.

Welcome to the best site on the net
Yea, we want to see some pics of your new X.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts