Explorer Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Can't answer completely, but if it helps, I'm running 18 x 8.5s on mine. However, mine are a +38mm offset, the ones you are looking at are +26mm. With that wheel being wider, and having less offset, I would be very careful to confirm that it will work before I bought them. Mine are very close to rubbingwhen the wheel is turned hard. These wheels might need spacers to work.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Think you're right, Rob.

Mach 1 wheels are 1/2" wider than mine.

12 mm less positive offset moves the wheel OUT about 1/2" further.

Wish I'd have figured that out when I was thinking about buying those wheels from Steeda

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I just assume since he has them on, they must fit?
I don't know if he runs spacers or whatever.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
They should fit, I had a set of the 17" GT rims on my 03 4 door and they fit fine with no spacers

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hey Brad, Would 18x9 Cobra R's fit my 02 2WD without spacers? I noticed you are runninng the 20's (They look really good BTW!!!). I am looking for a set of chrome R's, but want to make sure they will fit without spacers and look good against the plastic crapp......, I mean CLADDING on my X. Any info, ideas, suggestions, photos,....etc? Thanks!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
What size are yours Tommy? Is there a difference between a 98 and an 02 as far as fitment goes?
:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
What size are yours Tommy? Is there a difference between a 98 and an 02 as far as fitment goes? ? ?
:

Yes there's a difference. The 02 up 4-doors have a different offset than previous Xs.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
My X has Mustang wheels on her and I have no problems w/them. ? ?
?

And I have no spacers

IMO they will fit w/ no problem

Tommy, i think we have 4 of the same wheels, i'm not so sure mustangs are that way.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Some Mustangs have a 9" wheel in the rear, some have an 8", I think. I m not sure if the offset would be different.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Jeff, I dont see why the 18X9 wouldnt fit, I had the 17x8 gt rims and 17x9 cobra r's that is/was on Robs X. Now I have the 20's and they were listed for the Mustang so the wheels should fit, I didnt need to use any spacers with any of the rims I was running, I didnt have any clearance or rubbing issues and I do have the ground force springs.

Good luck

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sounds good! Now all I have to do is FIND the wheels/tires!!!, My OEM Michelins are wearing fast.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Sounds good! ?Now all I have to do is FIND the wheels/tires!!!, My OEM Michelins are wearing fast. ? ?
eBay, you can get the wheels real fast.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts