Explorer Talk banner

Windshield Side Molding Question

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Rob2 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2015 Ford Explorer and the passenger side windshield side molding has ripped off while driving down the highway. I have purchased replacment parts and have a question about installation.

Attached are two pictures. My question is about the thing shown by a red arrow in attachment #1. In the youtube video I watch this glob isn't present. I am wondering if this is just a big glob of silicone that I can remove? If so, how is the best way to remove it? I think underneath it is a clip hole? The second attachment shows what it looks like in the video.

Thanks for any input.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
When mine flew off and hurt the passenger (whose window was open) I replaced it with SO MUCH silicon that it will NEVER COME OFF. This is a problem that Ford won't address. They were trying to blame me intimating that the piece was re-installed improperly after changing the windshield, which was still ORIGINAL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.