Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is the bare rim on the front of the Mountie:

The rim sets out a bit farther than the stocker does, but when checking for clearance it looks like everything will be fine.

I can tell from this test that I will need to paint the calipers and I may need to get some powerslot rotors as well. I'll stick to painting the calipers 1st though
And she needs a bath REALLY bad.

Now if it would just quit snowing
I would have the tires mounted and get them on there for real!

Chad

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Your rotors look fine, but you're right about the calipers. Those wheels are going to look great once they are wrapped in some tires and your Mountaineer is back on the ground.

Good luck...

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Thats going to look great, I hope is gets nice out soon, I want to see them mounted on there

Do they make the power slot rotos for the new models?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Do they make the power slot rotos for the new models?
Why wouldn't they? Maybe I just don't know enough about them...

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I may be mistaken, but I'm not aware of anybody making aftermarket rotors for 3rd gens. Yet.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could have sworn I saw Powerslots for and '02+ just recently. I know I can make a call to Stillen and pay out the @$$ to have a set custom drilled and coated. But that is not going to happen!

Chad

Found them! Tirerack has them listed when I enter my vehicle as a 2003 Mountaineer...$103 each. That's about 1/3 of what custom drilled ones from Stillen would be though :roll:

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Nice lookin wheels!!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Well, son of a gun, you're right!! I guess its been a while since I looked. Might have to think about those some time. With all the emphasis on making our X's GO faster, maikng them STOP faster would be a good idea, too.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Re: With all the "my new wheels" threads, I had to

oh why did I read this post again......now something else to add to the list

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Brad,

With all the money you'll have after you get rid of everything you have for sale you should be able to buy a few of us sets of power slots

And I might even be able to save us some money on them to

Chad

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Brad,

With all the money you'll have after you get rid of everything you have for sale you should be able to buy a few of us sets of power slots

And I might even be able to save us some money on them to

Chad
Well I am not doing too good at selling anything yet but I really think I am going to have to get a set of those rotors, mine look so crappy with the new wheels on there. I am going to try to paint them up again here pretty soon.

I forgot to ask you what tires are you going with for youre new wheels?

Those are going to so bad ass on youre Mountaineer, I just saw a black car (rice burner) tonight with the black wheels and that shiney edge and it looked so good

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
You mean EE doesn't carry them for the 3rd gen
Maybe we should ask John to get them in stock for us...just a thought.
They don't carry FR-500 wheels period. Only Cobra R's and BULLITT wheels.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Oh ok. Well then in that case, I'm almost positive there are no Powerslot rotors available for 3rd gens period...am I correct?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts