Explorer Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it hurt the amp if I mounted it right in front of the sub? I was hopeing to mount it in front of the sub because that is where it would take up the least amount of space and I would still be able to access the controls on it. It is a JBL BP300.1. So do you think it will damage the amp if it's right in front of the sub?

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't do that since the box is behind the side panel.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Not quite sure I understand. Can you put up a picture showing what you mean?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Not quite sure I understand. Can you put up a picture showing what you mean?

He has the "stealth" enclosed sub box that goes in the rear right pocket, where normally you can just stash things in (I put some of my cleaning supplies in there). Its the same thing Matt (Black Magic) has if you've ever seen interior shots of his truck (I'm sure you have).

Ryan in terms of your answer, I've heard its really not a good idea to do that, but I don't know if it is fact or fiction.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everywhere else I've heard it won't hurt the amp because I would get jolted and tossed around from being in the car anyway. I'm going to go ahead and have it mounted in front of the sub where I want it. If I have any problems I'll definately let you guys know. I would hate for someone to make the same mistake as me. Thanks for your input guys!!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I would think you'd want free air in front of the sub for it to sound properly, though.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Check out my pics, I got the JL stealth box. I mounted the amp under my rear seats. It is much better then infront of the amp. Or you can mount it behind one of the seats.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Yeah, mine is (well, was) under the rear seat, too. I didn't have the stealth box but under the seat is the perfect spot to hide an amp. Of course, the damn thieves still got mine so it must not be all that good of a hiding spot.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The problem is that I don't have space under my rear seats. That is one thing that sucks about the Sports. My '95 4-door had ally kinds of room under the seats.

Matt, is the cover see-through and removable on the stealthboxes? I had to send my Q-Logic box back after the installers had problems with it and I have a JL Vantage on order.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Ahh, I forgot. You have a sport. Hmm....that obviously limits your options.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was hoping the front would pop off easy because the Image Dynamics sticker that is on the front of the sub came off during shipping and I just put it back on. I have a feeling as soon as the sub pounds the sticker is going to fly off and I wanted to be able to get in there and glue it back on or just take it off. I guess if it's not see through at all I'll just take the sticker off the front of the sub and stick it somewhere in my room along with the JBL sticker that came with my amp.
Thanks for the info Matt!!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
no prob man, In the directions it says to drill a hole and thread it into the stealth box. I don't know if you do it on the Qlogic one, but do not do that. Its hard to do. I missed drilled mine and now i have a bigger hole then normal. You really don't have to drill it down

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually I noticed that those install instructions were for hte stealthbox. I'm getting th Vantage but I'm sure it's the same install procedure. This pic looks like it has a mesh see through grille to cover it. It will be cool if it is mesh see-through.

http://jlaudio.com/stealthbox/va_images/en...ed/fordEXP.html

1 - 15 of 15 Posts