Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my hood, would this look good? I know the Mustang hoods are somewhat similar to Explorers in curvature but I know obviously they aren't exact. Would this decal line up right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2455670138

I'm thinking in like a dark dark gray or silver, it would look good. What do you guys think, I don't want to look ricey or anything but if done right, they can really make Mustangs, and any other vehicle basically look very nice.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
If it were me, I wouldn't do it. IMO, big stripes need to have a place to begin and end, something that makes more sense than just the seam in the hood. Taken to the extreme, you get the bumper to bumper stripes that look so obnoxious on Dodges.

Also, you're right, those stripes look curved, which might not work out on your hood. You'd also want to make sure the length would work before you dropped a bunch of money on it. All in all, I think it would detract from the clean, sleek look you have been trying to achieve, but you sure get bonus points for all the energy you are putting into all these ideas. You are the king of customization

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are the king of customization
Nah, I think thats definitely Matt (Black Magic) or Robert (Rocket5979). But I certainly appreciate the compliment!

Yeah, I'm not quite "sold" on this idea, but I figure worse comes to worse I can always remove it. As for the expense, well its only $22 so I look at that as a VERY minimal loss if I didn't like it. Whereas something like the Saleen decals that are on the doors IS a BIG loss (over $100)....not that I would put those on anyway, since it would just look far out of place on mine.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:stupid: ?

Alright alright lol

I won't get the stripes. It was just an idea, after all. I was more curious as to "could it be pulled off and look good"

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Good, cause I was going to ask when you would be installing the curb feelers and the chrome fender trim.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Good, cause I was going to ask when you would be installing the curb feelers and the chrome fender trim.

Pardon my stupidness but, what are curb feelers?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Curb feelers were a very uptown accessory many years ago that involved an attractive metal rod that clipped on your fender well, and extended away from the car at an angle toward the ground. Idea was that you would notice the "curb feeler" scraping along the curb before you hit your precious wide white walls.

Before you jump on it, Wilson, this was even before MY time.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I remember seeing them in blaxploitation films like "Shaft" and such. The pimps always had them along with bull horns on the front of the car.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Yeah, always on an Eldorado, the world's largest car. With a padded 'Landau" roof.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
[..]

Alright alright lol

I won't get the stripes. It was just an idea, after all. I was more curious as to "could it be pulled off and look good"

Well, they can look good,spas(i think) on EF has stripes going over her truck, but there's no hoop scoop there so it's alot less busy. It's done fairly well though.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

Wow, there's some classic Detroit "Iron". Those bad boys had some monster 472 and 525 V-8s, front wheel drive, and almost as much interior space as a Nissan Sentra. It was about a half a block walk back from the radiator to the engine block. You could run over a Honda Civic and not even feel a bump. Oh, the bad old days.

When I was just turning 16, my dad bought my mom a "down-sized" Coupe de Ville, maybe a 1978 or so. Kind of a soft, wimpy yellow color with about 2 square miles of yellow leather on the interior. Had a 425 V-8. Went like a son of a *censored* until eventually you had to try to convince it to turn.

BUT we're off topic here. Hey, Rob, ever think about a padded vinyl roof on your Explorer??

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Uh, don't give Huggy Bear anymore fancy ideas.

And who the hell is eating tuna fish at their desk? I'm already hungry and I don't want to smell it.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BUT we're off topic here. Hey, Rob, ever think about a padded vinyl roof on your Explorer??

What the hell is that? Doesn't sound like its appealing...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
A Landau top. You don't see them much anymore unless you want to look like a '70's reject.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts