Explorer Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'll try to describe this the best i can. i turn the X on, and it sounds like it's choking. like, not getting fuel or air or something. and when i accelerate, it seems to choke it even worse. i had it dyno tested and they said the TPS was bad. it said it wasn't working at all. and it was looseing power insted of adding, like working backwards or something. i replaced the TPS and still not working. like i said... it's hard to explain.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hmm, that sounds odd the TPS causing that? I know my EGR valve when it was going bad choked the life out of my X. Let us know what you figure out, or perhaps someone else can shed light on your current situation.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I sort of had this problem just over a week ago....

Check your spark plugs (thats a biggie), & clean your Mass Airflow Sensor. There is a detailed thread about this here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sort of had this problem just over a week ago....

Check your spark plugs (thats a biggie), & clean your Mass Airflow Sensor. There is a detailed thread about this here.

sounds like you had the same problem i have. that link to the other forum help out lots. i'll see what i can do monday morning

hope it works :beg:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got a call from guys working on my truck today. they said that the problem was the sport chip. once they took it out the truck worked fine. how is this possible? i've had the chip installed for months and it has never done anything like this. do the chips go bad? do i have do buy another chip, or can i get it reprogramed?

(it's a superchips chip by the way.)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
It's Superchips so that may be your problem. I've heard many bad things about them, though, I've never had one myself.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Apten. http://www.apten-us.com/

Go to any Explorer forum, do a search on Apten, and you'll see tons of info. Matter of fact, he (Brian Apten) has group buys quite often.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
According to his profile on FXN, he's in Bremerton, WA.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Maybe because of that Apten Dyno meet they've been talking about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts