Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to be a thorn in the side, but how is that X-Spec wing coming a long John? I know many are anxious for its availability, so I thought maybe you could give us an update.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
what would be the benefit of this, i've heard much talk, also could u not take an xp8 wing and customize it yourself to make it fit

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The benifit would be having a frikin' wing on my truck!
Actually, there isn't any wing available yet, and XP8 wings (which are a direct fit)only exist on real XP8's and in fairy tales. The few holy grails that are left out there are worth more than most peoples lives. :roll:

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
how do xp8 owners get one, if they wreck/break there wing? i think anything could be fabbed, black magic fabbed a rollpan from a f150 roll pan, so it can happen

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, yeah, it can be done. Some guys have even taken other types of wings and made them "work". IMO the Saleen style (which is what the X-spec closely resembles) is by far the best looking piece. I just don't have the time/knowledge to try to fab something up. The complex curves required to make the wing fit and look right would also be quite a challenge.

What do Saleen owners do? Don't know... Ask one of em, we have a couple of em on here. My understanding is that Saleen destroyed all of the molds so they are probably out of luck as well. Of course every once in awhile one pops up on Ebay but is always pulled before the auction finishes. You'd pull it to if someone offered you $1200 or more for a wing!

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
If I get into any kind of an accident (knock on wood) w/my XP8 I am basically screwed. I would have to be on ebay everyday for a long time to get what I needed if I could even find it.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
how do xp8 owners get one, if they wreck/break there wing? i think anything could be fabbed, black magic fabbed a rollpan from a f150 roll pan, so it can happen

You mean Hartman?
:

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
If I get into any kind of an accident (knock on wood) w/my XP8 I am basically screwed. I would have to be on ebay everyday for a long time to get what I needed if I could even find it.

As I've been told by Joe as well. He said basically whenever he calls up asking for XP8 body pieces (for the hell of it) the parts "technicians" say "XP what?" and basically the service reps tell him to go screw himself, in a matter of words.

Take into account the fact of Joe's humor and so I'm not sure how accurate any of this is

But regardless, you get the idea. They're nonexistent. And Saleen "did" supposedly destroy all the molds. Why? Cause they're freaking stupid. They would only gain substantial business by keeping the molds and producing the parts then by destroying them.

Only thing I can possibly see is a bunch of people (non XP8 owners) buying the full body kits and basically duplicating the look for a fraction of the cost for an actual XP8. But people can do the same thing with Mustangs and from what I know anyway, its not that big of a problem...nor issue... :roll:

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Don't worry BM, he really meant Hartman. How he could confuse the two I don't know. But thats another story

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
lol

It's always the "black guys fault" huh...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Why does it have to be a black thing! Some of my best friends drive black cars! Never mind, I just remembered I own a black Mustang.

Anyway.................we are expecting the "first article" X-Spec Wing next week. It's only six months over due! This is the first actual piece from the new mold. If it fits right and looks right we will have a specific quantity made up right away. So we need to hurry up and wait a little longer.

Thanks for being paitient folks. But it is hard to find a quality manufacture that will produce a small quantity body part for a reasonable price. We are subject to long delays. He sells Honda & BMW wings by the hundreds.

I will post a picture once we get it painted.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
:!:

Wow, as soon as you have an initial batch to sell, I'm definitely putting in my order for one!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't know how I missed this considering I started the thread, but THANK YOU JOHN! I am looking forward to this more than you could ever imagine!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Sounds awesome John and thank you very much for that update!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts