Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the low quality pics, its raining out but I thought I would utleast give yo guys an idea of what they look like. Ill get better pics tommorow, I promise!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Whoa, those look insane. You must be able to see everything with those. Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't Xenon's made illegal?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, you are correct ... But I had no choice in this case! I needed to have some brighter lights! And yes I do see MUCH better.

Just FYI-These are 10,000K's the brightest ones you can purchase anywhere in the world.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
What happens to all the cars out on the road that came from the factory with Xenon headlights? No way in hell I would have them replaced for stupid Halogen.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I understand factory xenons are permitted, but aftermarket ones are illegal. But honestly, whos going to know whats what ???

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
From what I understand factory xenons are permitted, but aftermarket ones are illegal. But honestly, whos going to know whats what ???

Yeah, that's very shady...hell for all you could say is "the dealership installed it for me"...and claim you never ever heard about it being made illegal...
Seems like yet another unenforceable law...

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[..]

Yeah, that's very shady...hell for all you could say is "the dealership installed it for me"...and claim you never ever heard about it being made illegal...
Seems like yet another unenforceable law...

Yup! I guess its good for people who want Xenons, but bad for law enforcement. But honestly, I couldnt figure out why they are illegal ?? They arent VERY bright, and if they are, they dont hurt the eyes nearly as much as halogens would.
:

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
No clue, my whole thought process is if they were so bad then why did so many vehicle manufacturers endorse them and put them out on the market. Very strange.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

those are bad as hell

Nope, you are correct ... But I had no choice in this case! I needed to have some brighter lights! And yes I do see MUCH better.

Just FYI-These are 10,000K's the brightest ones you can purchase anywhere in the world.

:!: was just thinking..............wonder if you took off all that dark tint if you would still need brighter lights

Just kidding, It looks great

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

I dont think the cops have a clue if they are oem or not, you should be safe
I just dont want to be comming in the opposite direction from you

My friend has them on his 02 Focus, they came factory, I love how they look and I can spot him from a mile away, you just cant buy a bulb that has the real look of hid's

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yup, soo many people are like are those the bulbs you buy at advanced auto parts, and my reply is with a roll of the eyes and a show of the reciept .. LOL

But honestly, Ive only had one person flash me thinking I had brights on in the 5 nights that Ive had them. So it cant be THAT bad on the other side ..

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Yup, soo many people are like are those the bulbs you buy at advanced auto parts, and my reply is with a roll of the eyes and a show of the reciept .. LOL

But honestly, Ive only had one person flash me thinking I had brights on in the 5 nights that Ive had them. So it cant be THAT bad on the other side .. ?

Thats good,

I was just reading another post that you replyed to about the headlamp covers.......now I know why you need these lights

I had a 97 F150 off road with the headlamp covers on there and I left them on all the time and still got flashed everytime I drove the dang thing, it did have the factory fog lamps in the bumper with the original bulbs, I got so pissed off
I wish I would have left off the headlamp covers, then at least I could have flashed them back :roll:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[..]

Thats good, ?

I was just reading another post that you replyed to about the headlamp covers.......now I know why you need these lights
?

I had a 97 F150 off road with the headlamp covers on there and I left them on all the time and still got flashed everytime I drove the dang thing, it did have the factory fog lamps in the bumper with the original bulbs, I got so pissed off ?
I wish I would have left off the headlamp covers, then at least I could have flashed them back :roll:

Well when I had the headlight covers I unf didnt have these Xenons yet ...

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Well I can shed some light on this issue. There are in deed after mark Xenon light bulbs that are DOT approved for all states. They are probably not as bright. They have them on ebay all the time

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Well I can shed some light on this issue. There are in deed after mark Xenon light bulbs that are DOT approved for all states. They are probably not as bright. They have them on ebay all the time

I have those...and they are absolutely NOTHING in comparison to true Xenon lights. These so called "Xenon bulbs" are really just H3 bulbs that have a white/blueish tint to them. That's it. MUCH better than stock but still absolutely NOTHING in comparison to true Xenon lights, like what Steeda has.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
OMG that looks great!!!

If I were to get Xenons I'd try not to go over 5300k. Anything over that provides too much glare. Mainly the whole issue about the Xenons is because people are getting them and not re-aiming their headlights to compensate.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts