Explorer Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am workin with a contact I have and he tells me that if there is enough intrest we may be able to get XP8 body parts so I need to find out how much intrest there is. If you are really interested Please respond Not talking about dreamers here Im talkin If I can get em who wants them??

I personally am sick of trying to find stuff on ebay! And I know some real XP8 owners will not like this but it does offer you somewhere to get replacement parts in case god forbid you have a mishap!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Uhhh what???

You are my new best friend.

What body parts are you talking about?? all of them? I would be interested in getting the front bumper for sure.

Is he gonna fab up his own?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he said that $ would depend on intrest how many orders were "Promised" and also intrest for future Purchases! If only ten people want them than its gonna be a heck for a lot more money than if we could promise 25-50 and im also working on getting Real XP8 owners cheaper prices for replacement parts even though i am not one of them I do have respect for those lucky few who could actually find and afford these Xtreme-SUV's. and if we can get on there good graces than they might actually be for some CLONES running around! by the way parts will be constructed by Saleen or a Sub-Contractor of them Thus the incentive to offer XP8 owners lower prices!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im sure its not gonna be cheap and im not sure about the hood being reproduced either but if the intrest is there for the kit im sure i can get him to do the hood.

But ill tell you what ill pay 2000 for a full real saleen Kit remember its not just bumpers and side skirts there are 4-doors each with cladding and the spoiler plus the side skirts and fender and quarter panel trim

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
You can put me down for a front bumper, rear bumper, and wing.

Question though, because this is kind of important. How soon from now to when they are actually being shipped out to people who wanted them...will that be? Because if its going to be a few months or so, I will just skip getting my trim and bumpers painted because they would have to come off anyway.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Well, I would be interested if I can get a price and I can see what they will look like when finished. Let us know when it gets closer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well Tommy98016 your response is very nice to hear because you are an admin but more importantly an XP8 owner. Glad to hear that you would not be upset that there might be some clones crusing around but you would also not have to worry so much about your truck getting damaged!

And TFN Rob i can check on when they will be available cause as of now i do not know i also noticed that you have a two door and im not sure if they will be doing a kit for two doors!

Hey if i pull this off maybe you guys can make me an admin also!!

or at least an Elite Member

G

·
u can become elite now man, just get 10 bucks scraped up and send it to rob, and u better watch out and get a body garde or something, there is gona be x owners out there loveing ya....
...hope it all works out guyz

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
also TFN Rob i understand your position on time because you have paint planned and i know what a pain it is when something new comes up and you have to put your plans on hold to wait and see what happens but I promise you I want this kit as bad and as soon as anyone!

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Well Tommy98016 your response is very nice to hear because you are an admin but more importantly an XP8 owner. Glad to hear that you would not be upset that there might be some clones crusing around but you would also not have to worry so much about your truck getting damaged!

I personally would not be upset about clones because I own the real deal, papers and all
and to have replacement part incase of damage would make me relax a little more when driving her around knowing that if something would happen (knock on wood) I would not be screwed 4 life

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have been looking for months and everytime I find something on ebay it seems to get taken off before the auction ends! For a while I thought about selling mine and tracking down an XP8 but it is winter time and the only other thing i have to drive is my supercharged stang and I dont wanna even try that!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So just as a recap we have 2 front bumpers 1 rear bumper and a wing plus the full kit i want! Well its a start!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
BigV, I realize you're not making a kit for 2 Doors. That's besides the point, the frotn bumper and rear bumper will work no matter what model it is so as long as it is an Explorer from 95-01 (minus the 01 Sport). The rear panels all the way at the back could easily be chopped and molded into the Saleen XP8 rear bumper to have a perfect, seamless fit.

I hope you can get an estimated, reliable date on the XP8 pieces because I plan on taking my Explorer to the body shop this week for an estimate if I don't hear anything by say, Thursday. I know it's in part not fair for you, but I'd rather get this stuff done and over with.

But I certainly appreciate what you're doing, this is a big task and something that needs to be done.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah Rob my friend has a 95 sport and she wants the kit to so I figured thati could pull it off by reworking the sides! but she didnt wanna wait either and she put an 01 bumper on the front of hers last week!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sorry SiLenZe thats what I ment so l if anyone wants any of the parts than please reply! Once again only if your serious!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.