Explorer Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let everyone know about the Saleen XP8 parts that some people have been talking about getting produced again. There are NO plans as of right now of Saleen reproducing any of them. This is from a very good source at Saleen.

We know of one that has recently stated that they have a contact at Saleen and are working with Saleen on making them again. That is completely not true.

I thought that it was important for a new thread to be started instead of posting it in the old threat that was started before. I was also thinking that maybe it would be a good idea to delete that other thread since it is allot of incorrect information.

Sorry again for the bad news.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
If anyone has an XP that they would allow me to use for about a week. I could make a complete set of molds to make a "Replica" Kit off of. I have been trying to keep an eye for an XP for sale to do this with. The one on ebay would have been perfect, I just didn't have the means right then. Now I have an investor that is willing to (if the price is right) buy an XP to make the kit off of and then turn arround and sell it. I would love to find one of the XP6's to do this with. That way we could put on a S/C and turn it up, then sell it!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Wayne, I think we all pretty much understood that the "Body Kit Interest" thread was really just wishful thinking. Even though some might see this as bursting everyones bubbles, reality is that the body kit pieces being replicated and *especially* through Saleen was just astronomical.

Thanks for getting the official word on this and you're right, although the other thread is completely misleading I won't delete it, however I will lock it and just put a note on the very end of the thread that it is been confirmed otherwise and to go to this thread.

Matt, I really really hope you can do something. In a few years the 95-01 Explorers are going to be history in terms of customizing them. It will be all about the 3rd and 4th generation Explorers (which obviously aren't even on the market yet). Timing is really quite crucial, so the longer this all just sits around and we all just talk about it and do nothing, the more time we're wasting and the more money that is being lost. I sincerely hope you can work something out. I know I'd buy a full kit!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
In a few years the 95-01 Explorers are going to be history in terms of customizing them
I see what you're saying, but I have to think of all of the first gens out there that are still being customized and the abundance of parts that are available for them. Granted, a lot of it is off road related but there are a lot folks still running them. There aren't many first gens on this site but there are a lot on EF. And, with the Explorer being the #1 SUV the last few years, I think the 95-01 models will be around for a long time.

I would like to see BM do this and would be very interested.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I'm certainly not shooting him down, and maybe I worded that a little wrong but my point is that if the kit were to be released by September '04, it would be a much more profitable and beneficial venture then if say, the kit wasn't released until around 2005, 2006. I don't know why it would take that long, but just take it as food for thought.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I'm certainly not shooting him down, and maybe I worded that a little wrong but my point is that if the kit were to be released by September '04, it would be a much more profitable and beneficial venture then if say, the kit wasn't released until around 2005, 2006. I don't know why it would take that long, but just take it as food for thought.
Well, that's true. Less people will own them as time goes on. I just think there will still be a large market for them even later on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Matt, where are you located? And will there be any damage to the parts by making molds of them? I realize that most people would think I am crazy, but if it doesn't damage the kit by removing it and making molds, I would be willing to discuss it with you. My hood and front fascia are in great shape, just need some paint/touch up. All the rest is super. Maybe we can work something out that gives me some assurance that if a part is damaged, it gets fixed and painted.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I am near St. Louis, MO. I work at a boat shop and we pull molds all the time off of different parts. There is a process that we spray a wax type material on to your clean part. Then mold right over it. Then pull the mold. There is no damage done to the original part. The material wipes off and is like a said a wax type product so it does not cause any problems. Where are you located. If this is feasible we can continue this conversation in PM's until we work it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts