Explorer Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, finally received XP8 42 today and it is badass!!! Perfect shape and runs freaking awesome!

Just have a question for my new friends out there. The calipers and rotors are a little rusted so I obviously can sand and put some caliper paint on them. But as far as the rotors and pads go, I would like to replace them. Do you guys have any idea what kind they are? (Brand, part #s, etc), or other brands that will work? Like some cross drilled or slotted maybe?

Are they stock Ford? or something different? Everything else on the truck is perfect!

Thanks guys! I'm happy to finally join the club!

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Likely just stock brakes. But take a pic,i believe someone around here had a truck with baer brakes on it.
You would absolutely know if they were the alcons, and as of right now i only know 2 trucks with them, and that truck isn't yours, lol.

Like any other stock brake, you can get aftermarket replacement parts like drilled rotors and ceramic pads. Nothing real special.
I also don't believe in painting the calipers anymore, powder coating is so much easier to clean and tougher under the heat.

I haven't tried for an explorer, but people have been getting powder replacement calipers and sending in their cores for fair pricing.

You could always put the alcons on the truck. But i can't see how it could be done for less than 3 grand.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thx man! Yeah, you are right, they are stock. Good call on powder coating.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bought the performance rotors from NAPA for mine. I love them lots.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Alcon

Joe,

Do you know if anyone has ever been able to come with a set of rotors that would work with Alcon calipers besides the original Alcon ones?

Peter

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts