Explorer Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of you guys need new rotors, just let me know I can get them here thru Alcon in england. also the caliper but without the saleen logo on it

they are expensive and the rotors need to be modified to fit like saleen did to them.

one more question, I heard that the caliper brackets on the XP8 with the brake upgrade are prone to break, can I get these made from a tough steel some where?

Thanks,

Hennie

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Yes you can have it done hennie, you'll need to find a qualitly machine or chasis shop. You probably also have to take one or both off so they can duplicate it. Saleen only did it for one person because he threatened to sue them.

Joe

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joe,

guess I will take mine off this summer, and see where they can duplicate these weakers parts, I hate the feeling of going 105mph and having to brake hard and all of a sudden the brackets are coming out of the wheel well.......

Thanks,

Hennie

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
guess I will take mine off this summer, and see where they can duplicate these weakers parts, I hate the feeling of going 105mph and having to brake hard and all of a sudden the brackets are coming out of the wheel well.......

Thanks,

Hennie

I would try to get this done sooner then later & welcome to the site

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Hennie, when you take them off and have it done, let me know how much it's costing, maybe you can have more than one set made, and i'd buy a set from you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts