Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's everyone's favorite wax, or wax combination (i.e. turtle wax first, then meguiar's right after)? I'm just curious. What wax really brings out the best shine and polish for you, and also lasts the longest? Do you guys prefer Carnuba wax or no?

Myself personally, I have had the absolute BEST results so far with Meguiar's 3 stage wax. That's the clay bar, detailing spray, and of course wax. Wow, it is seriously incredible the shine I get from this. Totally awesome.

So what do you guys prefer?

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Adam's Polishes Butter Wax

" " Revive

" " Clay Bar

" " Quick Detail Spray

Best shine I've seen and the easiest products I've ever used.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ryan I'll have to look for that stuff next time I need to pickup some wax.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Wax
: what is that
I guess I am just really lazy but I havent waxed a car since I had my 96 Cobra convertable, I have leased the last few vehicles and my last 3 were colors that didnt show scratches (silver, gold, light green) the Focus was the only dark color since my Black 97 F150 4x4 but I didnt have it long enough for it to need to be waxed, I only washed it a couple of times.

As you can see after the black truck I started picking light colors....I just get the wax that they add at the car wash...( I dont have access to a place where I can really wash my vehicle) I do rent a garage and that helps alot.

Now for you people that arent "lazy", waxing youre vehcile regularly is the best thing you can do for the finish.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Meguiars. Have used them for over 10 years.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow...ok Meguiar's sure as hell isn't that good. But it is somewhat close.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow I've always heard Zaino is great. I kinda forgot about it and went with Adam's which I still am amazed at the shine my X has. That is some great reflection that the Zaino did.

BTW, PA Mountie, is that a 325Ci or 330Ci?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Not sure if it's a 325 or 330, it's a pic off of their site. Based on the rear bumper treatment, I would say 330 as it is the same as my sisters 330.

I will post reflection pic's off my black mountie once I get it applied. (if it ever get's above 25 degrees) The picture of my Grand Cherokee that I posted in the "what did yo used to drive" thread was taken about 3 months after I had last put a coat of Zaino on it and if you look at the hood you can get an idea of how deep the reflection was.

Chad

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I still prefer Maguiars. I see no reason to use anything else since it's served me well for over a decade.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts